Short story with cat

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Pat

Short story with cat

Post by Pat »

Hello ! :)

I was wondering if that story could be one of the short stories written by Enid Blyton. It is about a lovely white stray cat/kitten living on a waste ground. She spends Christmas Eve in an old shed with many other stray cats and when she awakes next morning they all have gone and she feels lonely and sad. It is very cold outside and it has been snowing during the night. A few days later, she falls into a green paint tin while playing and her white fur is all covered with green paint. She is leaving green traces behind everywhere she goes and everybody is wondering about that strange little green animal. Then the kitten leaves the waste ground and comes into the busy center of the town. She draws the attention of a little girl who takes her in in order to clean her. At the end of the story, the kitten is adopted by the little girl.

I was fond of that story and would like to read it again. Does anybody know it :?:

Pat
Julian
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Famous Five/St Clare's/Wishing Chair
Favourite character: Julian/Janet/Carlotta

Post by Julian »

Maybe you should check the booklisting for more information!! :)
  • ♥♣ Møh@mð Hä§åÑ♥♣
Thanks to Nigel for my avatar! :)
Pat

Short story with cat

Post by Pat »

Hello !

I got no replies to my advert so I took for granted the story wasn't an Enid Blyton's. Indeed it was not. I finally found back the book, from a Belgian author called Marie-José Maury, edited by HEMMA in Belgium.

Thank you nevertheless for your advice.

Pat.