Baddie called Banks?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Tony Summerfield

Baddie called Banks?

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I have had the following query in an email and I'm hoping that one of you experts might be able to answer it.

'I am a radio presenter and was talking on air about Enid Blyton books the other day. One listener wrote in and asked if I knew of an Enid Blyton book where the children (either famous five or secret seven) encountered a "˜baddie' called Mr Banks?

All the listener knew was that she had heard read the book at school circa 1964 and without the dust cover the book was yellow!! Big help I know but hope you can shed some light on this query.'

Many thanks if someone can help.

Tony
Raci

Post by Raci »

:D Hi Tony!

I don't remember anyone called Mr Banks - certainly not in F5 although I don't know the S7 books in as much detail, it doesn't ring any bells for any other EB books/series either.
Sorry
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Hi Tony,

I don't recall a Mr. Banks either. Collins hardbacks of that era were yellow, and I do remember a villain from The Boy Next Door called Mr. Barton. Could the listener be thinking of him, I wonder? (Probably not, but it's just a thought!)

Anita