Looking for a collection of kids' stories

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
mikeaa101

Looking for a collection of kids' stories

Post by mikeaa101 »

When I was a child I have a hard back story book entitled Tales of Enid Blyton now this would have been in the Early 80's but I seem to remember having alot of lovely stories in there.

One was about a man whose beard was burned off Mr Goofy's spell I think it was called and needed to find a cookoo feather to grow it back. Another was about a toymaker who made toys from pinecones, sycamore keys and horse chestnuts.

I have a young son and would love to find this book again to read these fairy stories to him.

Hoping someone can help

Mike
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: Looking for a collection of kids' stories

Post by Eddie Muir »

Welcome to the forums, Mike. :D

You can find information about Mr Goofy's Spell by clicking on the following link:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/sear ... %27s+spell+" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Welcome, Mike. The story about the little man burning his beard off and then looking for a cuckoo feather (to stir a spell which will make his beard grow back) is, as you said, 'Mr. Goofy's Spell'. The other story, about the man who makes toys from pinecones etc., sounds like 'The Little Toy-maker'. I've just put those titles into "search the database" in the Cave of Books, but I can't find both those tales in one volume (though they are available separately, in various short story collections). The Cave doesn't yet include every book that was published after Enid Blyton's death because it's a work in progress, though it does include a lot of them, so perhaps the book you remember isn't there. It may be worth checking out the story titles in the Cave though, in case I've missed something, or in case there's any possibility that you're remembering stories from two different books.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
mikeaa101

Post by mikeaa101 »

Thanks Eddie

Hopefully I can find what I am looking for :D

Mike
mikeaa101

Post by mikeaa101 »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:Welcome, Mike. The story about the little man burning his beard off and then looking for a cuckoo feather (to stir a spell which will make his beard grow back) is, as you said, 'Mr. Goofy's Spell'. The other story, about the man who makes toys from pinecones etc., sounds like 'The Little Toy-maker'. I've just put those titles into "search the database" in the Cave of Books, but I can't find both those tales in one volume (though they are available separately, in various short story collections). The Cave doesn't yet include every book that was published after Enid Blyton's death because it's a work in progress, though it does include a lot of them, so perhaps the book you remember isn't there. It may be worth checking out the story titles in the Cave though, in case I've missed something, or in case there's any possibility that you're remembering stories from two different books.
Thanks Anita it is possible it was two separate book looking at the titles for some of the stories I definately remember some of the titles think I will just try and get hold of them either way i'm sure my son will love them. Thanks for your help

Mike