Book about flowers being painted the wrong colour at night

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
JulieB654

Book about flowers being painted the wrong colour at night

Post by JulieB654 »

I am searching for a book i had as a child 1965 - 1975. It was hard backed and the size of a ladybird book in all dimentions (IT WASNT A LADYBIRD BOOK.)The edging around the front picture was yellow. It contained only one story and each page had a colour illustation with the writing over the picture. The story was about three pixies/fairies/elves who painted the spring flowers the correct colours. One day they overslept and picked up their paint when it was dark/night and picked up the wrong colour and painted the daffodils red, the roses? blue and the bluebells? yellow. The 3 pixies? ( who were red, yellow and blue) only became aware of the mistake the next morning as it became light and they quickly repainted the flowers to avoid the queen becoming angry.

I beleive it was an Enid Blyton book and probably published by Dean and Son but I am unable to find it, i cannot remember the title but i know others remember the book and are trace to trace it too.

I would appreciate any help, if you remember anything further please let me know.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Book about flowers being painted the wrong colour at night

Post by Fiona1986 »

Coincidentally I think someone was talking about that very story here just the other day. Give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can find the right thread.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Ah ok, no, it was just you asking about the same book I was remembering seeing before. Nigel's linked you to the short story area of the cave already so you can have a browse and see if there's anything you recognise.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Why is this question being asked again on a new thread - or am I missing something? :?
Society Member
JulieB654

Post by JulieB654 »

It is because i had recieved more from my mum so i posted another post