Anyone know this book?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
enidblytoncollector

Anyone know this book?

Post by enidblytoncollector »

I Saw a book on Ebay today, but it was pulled within minutes, Its a Noddy Book, but instead of cardboard boards, it was green cloth, with a picture of Bigears banging on the police station door, and at the base of the spine it said Askew, I asked why it was pulled, and they replied because its very rare and want to do more research. Anyone heard of this version of a Noddy book?
Tony Summerfield

Noddy Book

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Yes, Lynn - I have seen a few copies of this book - Hurrah For Little Noddy!, Book 2 in the Noddy Library series. Inside it is identical to the original Sampson Low version. I have never seen a copy with a dustwrapper but I assume it was possibly the same as the original book if indeed it had one.

I have never seen any other titles and have no idea when (or indeed why) it was published - possibly it was done specially for libraries as this is Askew's territory. As far as value is concerned it is a novelty, but not a first edition and I wouldn't rate it that highly.

Best wishes
Tony
enidblytoncollector

Post by enidblytoncollector »

Thanks for the reply, think ill wait till i can find this title in 1st edition format then ;-)