looking for a book or story i read as a child

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
agatha

looking for a book or story i read as a child

Post by agatha »

I am hoping that somebody can help me find the title of a book or story I read as a child 40 odd years ago.

I have very sketchy memories of the book, but it has only 2 children in the story, a boy and a girl. They go to a land where everything is backwards, ie people eat their dessert before their main course, and at one stage they are rescued by a cuckoo and stay in the clock with her, have tea and play cards.
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

The Queer Adventure

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

The Queer Adventure has Mary & Peter hiding from the giants inside a cuckoo-clock.

Previously they were in the Land of Stupids, but a quick flick through the story shows them doing all sorts of odd things, but not eating dessert first.

Hope that helps!

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Queer Adventure

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Yup - found it. In the Land of Stupids they do have pudding before the meat & veg.

(I'm glad I read this before I sent it, since I wrote PUBBING which would never do in a Blyton story - even an updated one!)

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Raci

Post by Raci »

The Queer Adventure has also been published with the title The Yellow Fairy Book.

It is exactly the same story just with the title changed. So if you're looking to buy a copy look out for both titles.

:D Hope that helps.

The queer adventure

Post by Guest »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Thank you both soooooooooooooo much!!!

You know, I have been searching for this book for so long, and without any success, I was beginning to wonder if I had dreamed up the story (no offense to Enid Blyton intended :oops: )
Anyway, I have found a copy and happily it is on it's way to Australia as I write this.

kind regards

Agatha