Can you help??

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
sarah2727

Can you help??

Post by sarah2727 »

Can anyone help me. I think I am confused about some of the books. As a child I loved the Secret Island and I have just read it again recently. However, on reading it again it felt like a whole lot had been missed out and I think I am getting it mixed up with another Blyton book. I seem to think there should be some kind of war connection in it with submarines and planes. Am I going mad??? If anyone knows what I am talking about please respond to save my sanity! Many thanks...... :?
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

You're thinking of The Adventurous Four.

Coincidently, if you manage to get hold of the audio book of it read by Philip Schofield (often on ebay), it's superbly done and I think you'll enjoy it.
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
sarah2727

Thank you

Post by sarah2727 »

Thanks!!!

I will try and get hold of it.

I fell sane again now
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Adventurous Four

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Although I sell Blyton books, I'd strongly reccomend that you get hold of a second hand original text version of the Adventurous Four.

In its current incarnation it has been re-named Shipwrecked, the twins renamed (I think) Pippa & Zoe, and much of the WW2 references removed. Such meddling is a sure way to insanity for all tue Blyton fans!

I have moaned very strongly to Award, the publisher. You may like to do the same!

Best wishes

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Raci

Post by Raci »

I would have to second what Viv says, the original version is so much better than this new messed around with version.
But then again of course it is going to be much better to read it the way Enid wanted to tell it!

:evil: Publishers! :evil:
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Viv,

Care to pm me with the address to moan to? I do rather like writing a good complaint and enjoyed the book immensely.
Image The definitive '78 series nut.