Walking Caravan??

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
tillyfudge

Walking Caravan??

Post by tillyfudge »

Hello everyone :-)

This is my first time on here so please bear with me. My sister is 50 this year and she has been telling me for years about an Enid Blyton book/story she read as a child, she cant remember what it was called but it was about a caravan which walked??? I would love to be able to get her a copy of this book for her birthday but I have been unable to find what it is called or where I could find one............can anyone help me???
Thank you x
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Re: Walking Caravan??

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Try this!

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... ng+Caravan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We've been reading it at Eileen Soper's Illustrated Worlds over the last couple of weeks, where it has been much enjoyed

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

It could also be Mr. Tumpy and His Caravan. Don't know how to put the link in, but go to the Cave of Books on the home page and put in Mr. Tumpy and His Caravan. The caravan does have feet on it.

8)

Edit - Here's the link, Julie! - Anita

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... is+Caravan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Just looked at the link Viv provided, what gorgeous pictures. I think Eileen Soper is probably my favourite illustrator of all time.
Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

:D :D :D

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
tillyfudge

Post by tillyfudge »

Thank you so much for the replies, I really appreciate your help. I've managed to locate a couple of copies of The Suprising Caravan, obviously they are quite damaged through age but I'm really pleased to have found them. I also wondered if there are any re prints of these books and how I'd go about finding them.
I cant wait to read the books myself, what a wonderful imagination Enid Blyton had :-) x