Can anyone help me find a Sunny Stories Issue from 1946/47

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
dancer

Can anyone help me find a Sunny Stories Issue from 1946/47

Post by dancer »

I'm on a task to find an issue of Sunny Stories which has my mother's name in it as one of the prize winners. I think it's an issue printed in 1946 or 1947 as the winning prize was a 1st edition of Jane's Country Year by Malcolm Saville which was published in 1946 and this ties in with the time she received the magazine.
Her name was Ann Johnson and she was living in South Africa at the time although the magazine was shipped to her by an Aunt in England.
I've already bought several issues of the magazine in vain although I know when I give her these this Christmas I Know she will be thrilled but the one with her name in still alludes me - any help in finding the issue would be much appreciated!
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Can anyone help me find a Sunny Stories Issue from 1946/47

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

There are a few of these magazines for sale on Ebay, Dancer. Some from the year 1946/47.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
dancer

Post by dancer »

Thankyou so much for your reply.I have already bought magazines from Ebay but so far to no avail.
I'll keep trying!
Aussie Sue
Favourite book/series: Secret Island, Faraway Tree & FindOuter Series

Post by Aussie Sue »

Hi Dancer, Sunny Stories No.443 12th Nov 1948 has an Ann Johnson as a winner of Bobbo the Clown competition. It lists Ann Johnson, Dawassa, Mosul, Iraq aged 9. Not South Africa, could she have been in Iraq in 1948?
Society Member
dancer

Post by dancer »

Hi Aussie Sue
You've found it fantastic!
She moved to Iraq after South Africa I must of been slightly out with my years but it is definately the same Ann Johnson.
I'll put a wanted request out on the site to see if I can get hold of a copy. I would of liked it for Christmas but I think it's doulbtful if I can get hold of one this late in the day.
I don't suppose I can be cheeky though and ask if you could photocopy / scan the page and email my a copy so I can put it with the other Sunny Stories magazines I have for her for Christmas?
Thankyou so much for your response though you've made my Christmas!
Dancer
tix

Post by tix »

On Dec. 20th “dancer” wrote:

I don't suppose I can be cheeky though and ask if you could photocopy / scan the page and email my a copy so I can put it with the other Sunny Stories magazines I have for her for Christmas?

“Aussie Sue” has found the needle in the haystack. Goodness knows how!

If a scan is not available from that source, I can email you one.
dancer

Post by dancer »

Hi tiq
Please if you could email a copy or anybody out there I would be so greatful!

I can't believe how fantastic everyone has been on this site - thankyou all so much for your help!

email address anneke@crash.karoo.co.uk
Aussie Sue
Favourite book/series: Secret Island, Faraway Tree & FindOuter Series

Post by Aussie Sue »

Dancer, I am happy for you to have my copy for your mother, but it won't reach you in time for Christmas as it is coming from Australia. If you let me have your address I will post it immediately for you.
Society Member
dancer

Post by dancer »

Hi Aussie Sue
Thankyou for your kind offer!
Due to your information I think I may have managed to find a copy here in England although again I doubt if I can get it in time for Christmas however If it doesn't materialise I may well be back in touch.
Another member off the site has very kindly sent me a photocopy of the page and I intend to give my mother that on Christmas Day.
I have to say though how impressed I am that you found my mothers name in the first place as it appeared in such small print amounst many other names. A true detective in the making!
Thankyou once again for all your efforts
Have a very Happy Christmas!