Pip and the Strawberry Man

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
fibe

Post by fibe »

Does anyone know where I can find this story? I think it was part a compilation I had when I was a child.
Tony Summerfield

Re: Pip and the Strawberry Man

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I'm afraid that there are no Pip titles with Strawberry in them, so it must have had a different title even if it was about a Strawberry Man.
fibe

Post by fibe »

Prehaps 'the Strawberry Man' was just what I called the character.

The story was about a man who wanted everything to taste of strawberry, along the lines of king Midas. Does this ring any bells?
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I'm afraid that it doesn't ring bells off hand, but there are over 200 stories about Pip, about 80 of which have been used in various books!
fibe

Post by fibe »

Thanks for that and yes I think you are right. I think it was in a boys annual that used to be my Dad's as a child so the chances of finding it are very slim I believe.It may not have been Enid Blyton that wrote it which is probably why it doesn't ring any bells with you. Oh well it was worth asking.Kind regards.
fibe

Post by fibe »

Has anyone read this story about Pip being given a wish to have everything taste of strawberries? The Strawberry Man gave the wish but Pip gets sick of strawberries and wants to end the spell. I think it is in a boys annual from the 1940's. I would be so pleased to hear from anyone that knows the story.