Searching for a story

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
mollypolly

Searching for a story

Post by mollypolly »

Hello everyone.
Today I was chatting to my Mum...she is 80....and she was rmembering a book she read as a child.She said it was by Enid Blyton and the story she remembered was called 'The Boo Boos'and the Milk Horse'.
I dont know if this was a story or a whole book but if anyone knows about this I would be grateful for any info so that I can track it down for her to read again.
Thank you
Mollyxx
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Searching for a story

Post by Fiona1986 »

A search in our cave of books for those titles gets no hits, so unfortunately I can't help you, but I'm sure our resident genius Anita will be along soon with an answer for you. :D
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
mollypolly

Post by mollypolly »

Wow.Thank you for the quick response Fiona.I do wonder if my Mum has got this right about it being an Enid Blyton story. :)
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I don't know of a story with that title, Mollypolly, but a quick Google search reveals that Mabel Lucie Attwell wrote a series of "Boo-Boos" books. Six are listed in the first link below (click and scroll down), but I'm afraid none of them are about a milk-horse. But perhaps the same author contributed other Boo-Boos stories to annuals or short story compilations?

http://www.stellabooks.com/articles/fea ... o_boos.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: There is a list of Lucie Attwell's Annuals etc here:

http://www.booksandwriters.co.uk/writer ... ttwell.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
mollypolly

Post by mollypolly »

Hi, Thank you for that information.I will have to quiz mum again but I think maybe she just got the authors mixed up.
The Boo Boo books seem to be about the right time.

Thanks for your help.
Mollypollyxxxx
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

Completely unrelated but I happen to be looking after two gerbils at the moment, and their names are molly and polly!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Fiona, you summon up all I love about these forums. :)
Society Member
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

Er, thanks. I think?

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member