Please help me!!!! :) xx

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
pjosiejo

Please help me!!!! :) xx

Post by pjosiejo »

Hi there all,
this is my first post so apologies if I'm not in the right place etc..... :wink:

I happened to be reminiscing and i came upon your site..OMG.....have been on it nearly all day :D !!!

I LOVE Enid Blyton, and I reread the Secret Island about 5 years ago...loved it!
I have 2 queries though...... I'll get the first one out of the way as I have been looking for years; I remember a book which I was really enthralled with.....it was quite a dark book compared to her others about a lad who had been in a children's home (I seem to recall there were vague references of him being abused and authorities were involved/looking for him and he befriended some children... and there was a bit in the book where it was winter.....near christmas and the lad is looking in a shop window or a house and is looking really sad cos a family is there and then he ran away, he was like Jack in the secret island......always thought it was but it wasn't. I think he was a bit wayward/streetwise but he'd stolen because he was hungry etc.....but it was really exciting to read as a youngster! All I can vaguely remember of the cover was possibly dark red....very vague I know and am really sorry but I'm 40 now so not read it for about 30 years lol!!!

The other is a short story about a lad who is a real bully to everyone and one of his victims get his older brother or relative to dress up as a giant on stilts and jump out and scare him......

If anyone is able to help me, I would be soo grateful

Many thanks
Jo x
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Re: Please help me!!!! :) xx

Post by Ming »

The first one is The Six Bad Boys. :)

Society Member
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Post by Kate Mary »

Hallo, Jo,
Welcome to the EBS website and the forums, you are definitely in the right place. The only Blyton book I can think of that comes close to your description is "The Six Bad Boys", have a look in the Cave and see if it rings any bells. The short story you are looking for is 'You're a Bully!' from the book "Stories for You". It may have been published in other collections too, the Cave should have all the details.

Best wishes,

Kate.
"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Hello Jo,

Welcome to the Forums.

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Welcome to the forums, Jo. :)
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Wayne Pyer
Favourite book/series: adventure/find outers
Favourite character: Bill Smugs/Kiki/Fatty

Post by Wayne Pyer »

Welcome to the forums Jo. :D
Wayne, living in an Enid Blyton world.