The Magic Sweet Shop & Others...

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
xXSecretRoseXx

The Magic Sweet Shop & Others...

Post by xXSecretRoseXx »

Hey,
I'm currently searching for a book I used to have, that my Mother got rid of a few years ago, without me knowing. :? It definately contains The Magic Sweetshop, and also various other stories. One involves a rabbit who is a magician's apprentice/assistant, and another is about a little boat who floats away from a pair of children, and is found by some fairies who use it at a party before returning it to them by the morning. I'm really sad about not having this book, so any kind of help would be good =)

~Rosie x
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: The Magic Sweet Shop & Others...

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I did a search on 'The Magic Sweet Shop' in the Cave of Books, Rosie, and the following books came up. Perhaps one of them is the one you remember? Welcome to the website, by the way:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/sear ... sweet+shop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another possibility is the following book:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... er+Stories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
xXSecretRoseXx

Post by xXSecretRoseXx »

Firstly, thank you for the welcome =)
I did have a look in the Cave before coming here, just in case, but I didn't find anything that looked right or as if it included all of the stories I remember. I'm starting to think it could be a compilation of short stories, including others not by Enid Blyton, but I'm not really sure. I'll keep looking, but if I can't find it, I'll probably end up buying one of those you've mentioned anyway, so thank you :)

~Rosie x
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I hope someone here will know the exact book you're looking for, Rosie. There are still a few books to be added to the Cave, especially later compilations that were put together after Enid Blyton's death.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member