Who knows what the title of this book of short stories is?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
clare09

Who knows what the title of this book of short stories is?

Post by clare09 »

My mum bought a book of short stories by enid blyton about 20 years ago and since then half of it is missing and most of it is torn. It doesn't have the cover anymore so i don't know what it's called. It has these short stories in it: Jinky's joke, The Pantomime cat, The Goblin who stole sweets, A spell for a puppy, The birds and the bun, The strange doll, Mrs Dilly's duck, A basket of surprises, "do pass it on", Visitors in the night, Smack- Biff- Thud!, The Red spotted handkerchief, When Mrs Tumpy lost her head, The little musical box, The house in the tree, tit for tat, The dumpy wizard's party, The adventurous ball, The sneezing donkey, The toys go to the seaside, Sally simple's spectacles, The Ho-ho goblins, Poor captain puss!, The kickaway shoes, Thirteen o'clock, Jinky the jumping frog and the little toy stove.

If anyone knows what book it is I'd really like to know.
Thanks
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Who knows what the title of this book of short stories is?

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I have a book containing all those stories, Clare (it's not for sale though, I'm afraid!) It's called Goodnight Stories and it's a large, annual-sized book published by Treasure Press in 1986. It's yellow and has a picture on the front of a boy and girl sitting in/on a yellow bed, reading. The full-colour illustrations are by Suzy-Jane Tanner. A note in the front says that it was first published as More Goodnight Stories by Hodder and Stoughton Ltd in 1982, and there may have been other editions too for all I know. I hope that helps!

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
clare09

Post by clare09 »

Thanks so much. I finnaly have the title woohoo. I still cant find it on the internet though which is really wierd. Does it say "Text copyright Darrell Waters Ltd:" and then a list of the names of all the short stories and the year each was published at the back of your copy? The back cover of mine is salmon in colour.
Jeffery Greyling
Favourite book/series: Secret Mountain, V. of Adventure, FF and Barney M.

Post by Jeffery Greyling »

I own this one, but I have no idea where it is. :roll:
"I gave half a crown to a beggar because I saw him yawn; he was a fellow-sufferer."
(The Thirty-nine Steps)
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

clare09 wrote:Does it say "Text copyright Darrell Waters Ltd:" and then a list of the names of all the short stories and the year each was published at the back of your copy?
Yes, my copy has that note at the back. If your book (or at least the back cover) is salmon, it sounds like a different edition and it might even have been given a different title. I hope John (jchk4) or someone else can help you further.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
clare09

Post by clare09 »

ok thanks guys i think ill order it in at my local bookshop and hope for the best