Identical Storyline

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
GoogleBun

Re: Identical Storyline

Post by GoogleBun »

Does this book also contain a story about some sort of Goblin chair? I remember a story about a chair where a child sat in it and it came to life and ran off with him/her in it. Can anyone tell me where to find this one? I'm dying to read it again! The toffee letters story was in the same book I'm sure :)
Shanku
Favourite book/series: Mystery Series, Malory Towers, all Fairy Stories
Favourite character: Alicia, Fatty, Bets & Timmy!

Post by Shanku »

This sounds very much like the 'Wishing Chair' series, Googlebun. I don't remember ever reading them as one off stories in the short stories books. Perhaps Anita could help? :)
...and there, hidden among the leaves, was Peronel. She had beautiful golden hair and was dressed in silvery white with silver wings on her back.

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

GoogleBun wrote:Does this book also contain a story about some sort of Goblin chair? I remember a story about a chair where a child sat in it and it came to life and ran off with him/her in it.
Yes, 'The Goblin Chair' is also in "Twenty-Minute Tales." Jennifer and Ronnie visit Nurse Hush-a-bye and Ronnie sits in her goblin chair, which runs away with him into the wood.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Shanku
Favourite book/series: Mystery Series, Malory Towers, all Fairy Stories
Favourite character: Alicia, Fatty, Bets & Timmy!

Post by Shanku »

Oh thank you Anita!

Also, I must tell you, when you reminded me about the 'Twenty-Minute Tales' earlier in the thread I looked them up on ebay and have managed to find the 1960s editions of both, this one and 'More Twenty-Minute Tales' I had those as a child and had comepletely forgotten about them. I have begun collecting the early editions of my favourites from ebay. I have recently purchased the 'Red' and 'Yellow Story Books', 'Stories for Bedtime', 'Everyday Stories' and many more. :)

:oops: Apologies for hijacking the thread but I just had to share this.
...and there, hidden among the leaves, was Peronel. She had beautiful golden hair and was dressed in silvery white with silver wings on her back.

Society Member
GoogleBun

Post by GoogleBun »

Thank you Anita :) I used to love that story but couldn't remember which book it was in! I'll have to try and find a copy online now.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Hope you manage to find a copy, GoogleBun. And yes, Shanku, it's very exciting hunting down copies of long-lost, half-remembered books. :D

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member