Purple With White Line!?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
hairy_fairy87

Purple With White Line!?

Post by hairy_fairy87 »

Hi all I'm new to the site hope someone can help me out.

My Mum once had an old Enid Blyton book. I don't know the name of it at all. All i can remember is that the front and back cover were purple and it had white line going across and a small picture in the middle. There were several story's in the book the only two i can remember were one about a little kitten and one about an Eskimo. There were picture on most of the pages printed in green.

Hope someone can help

Many thanks Natalie .
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Purple With White Line!?

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I hope someone recognises that, Natalie. Have you any idea of the date and size of the book? You could try browsing the "Short Stories Series Books" in the Cave of Books and see if anything looks familiar. A search in the Cave for words like "kitten," "cat" or "eskimo" might also help. Good luck with your search.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
hairy_fairy87

Post by hairy_fairy87 »

I've just had a look but can't find anything. I've no idea of the date of the book. My Mum was born in 1965 if that helps. She can't really anything about the book other then the person who gave it her.

Many thanks Natalie
manzanita
Favourite book/series: Five Find Outers, Barney, Secret and Adventure!

Post by manzanita »

Hmmm... I just did a bit of digging around and it isn't this style of cover you're remembering is it?:

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/eni ... y-book.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it is, then I'm pretty sure it's missing it's outer sleeve and that you possibly read on of the holiday books but I can't find a list of what actual stories were inside.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Hmm, as unfortunately Natalie hasn't logged in since the 1st April, she probably won't be reading this! :?
Last edited by Moonraker on 19 Jun 2009, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

A lot of people seem to do this. They join merely to ask a particular question and then, when they get an answer or if an answer isn't forthcoming immediately, they lose interest and never log in again. Its a pity although it does emphasise that there must be an awful lot of Blyton fans out there who we never get to meet on these forums or at The Day.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
221b
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog, Adventure Series
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs & Jack Trent

Post by 221b »

I PMd Natalie earlier today so I hope she gets her answer; maybe she's just forgotten to check back.

We all lead busy lives these days and if one hasn't opted to receive updates on a thread, it's easy to forget all about it...
Helen

‘Well, sir, he’s a whole lot of red-headed boys, sir.’
"This 'Ere 'Ouse Is Habsolutely Hempty"
hairy_fairy87

Post by hairy_fairy87 »

Hi Guy's sorry i've not been in while, i've had no internet. I had a little look at work a few days ago. I've had a look at that link but i can't seem to find a listing of all the stories in it. Maybe finding it was never meant to be.
Last edited by hairy_fairy87 on 04 Jul 2009, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

All the stories are listed here:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... liday+Book" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
hairy_fairy87

Post by hairy_fairy87 »

Sorry but that doesn't look like it. Maybe the book just isn't an Enid Blyton one. Never mind my search will still go on.

Thank you to everyone for all their help.

Many thanks Natalie.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

hairy_fairy87 wrote:He (Hi?) Guy's sorry i've not been in while.....
As I am sure we all are! Who is Guy, as a matter of interest? :wink:
Society Member
hairy_fairy87

Post by hairy_fairy87 »

Moonraker wrote:
hairy_fairy87 wrote:He (Hi?) Guy's sorry i've not been in while.....
As I am sure we all are! Who is Guy, as a matter of interest? :wink:
Sorry!! It's just something people say from where i live. What do you mean by "as i am sure we all are"

I've just realised what you just wrote. So what if i put an E when it should have been am I. I'm sure nobody else saw it and if they didn't they could'nt be bothered to point it out.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Don't worry about it Hairy Fairy. Nigel is a bit of a tease.

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Well I noticed it!
The combination of HE and GUY'S does make it look as if you are talking about a person called Guy. You don't need an apostrophy in guys if it is a plural.
Of course it doesn't really matter as we all understood.
What really bothers me though is when shops and businesses misuse apostrophes, especially when their advert or sign has clearly gone to a professional graphics designer.
For example on the KFC table advert for paninis they have it as "Panini's", as does a small bakery round the corner. The carpet shop along the road from there has "for all you're carpet needs" as their slogan....correct apostrope but wrong word!
*Rant over*
Last edited by Fiona1986 on 04 Jul 2009, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

hairy_fairy87 wrote: I've just realised what you just wrote. So what if i put an E when it should have been am I. I'm sure nobody else saw it and if they didn't they could'nt be bothered to point it out.
Sorry Natalie, but as many will confirm, apostrophes in the wrong place just scream out to me to be rescued! It is just that with the apostophe where you put it - Guy's sorry I've not been in...- reads as if a person called Guy is sorry...

I know; I'm a sad old buffoon, but I just can't resist a spot of humour...
I'm sure nobody else saw it and if they didn't they could'nt be bothered to point it out.
:D

Fiona; you really sound as if you and I would get on like a house on fire! Thanks Ming for your continued support. Next time you come over, I'll buy you a pint at the Red Lion... :twisted:
Society Member