Does anyone know the name of this book?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
DarrellRivers

Does anyone know the name of this book?

Post by DarrellRivers »

It's been a nice trip down memory lane reading some of the posts on this forum. This morning, I just remembered parts of a book that I read in summer hols a long, long, long time ago but can't seem to think of the name. The part I do remember is about a girl called Liz (unattractive-looking I think, part of a larger family of kids), who loved to write stories but had a few rejected. My mind is drawing a blank after that except that I loved the book. I know that's very little information; hoping someone can help with the title? Thanks :-)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the forum members!
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Re: Does anyone know the name of this book?

Post by Ming »

Darrell, the book you are looking for is called House-at-the-Corner. :)

Society Member
DarrellRivers

Post by DarrellRivers »

Yes, that's it! Thanks, Ming. For some reason, Lizzie is the only one that stuck to my mind because she was the nicest one'; also at that time, I too had dreamed of the idea of sending off short stories and getting them published :-)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the forum members!
Almas
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Adventure/Famous Five/ Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty (I have a crush on him!!)

Post by Almas »

Hi Darrell,

I have the 1999 Award hardback edition of the book with beautiful illustrations by Eric Rowe (is he related to our Nigel?! :wink: ). I love the book and Enid's portrayal of the characters is marvelous.

One of the my favorite Blyton stand-alone novels... :)
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Pooh, Eric Rowe's illustrations are no good! Very ugly, in my opinion.

Nah, Eric ain't related to Nigel. I asked him that last year, and he said No relation, I'm afraid!

Society Member
Almas
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Adventure/Famous Five/ Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty (I have a crush on him!!)

Post by Almas »

Well, but I think that his illustrations are rather striking but sometimes rather difficult to make out who is who, but still ... we all have different opinions ... :)
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.