Journey Through Fairyland ?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Lola B

Journey Through Fairyland ?

Post by Lola B »

OK, so this isn't a book as such, it's one of EB's first board games. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get hold of an old copy of it, OR can anyone remember what the game was about? I can't remember if it's the one I think I played with as a child and am really keen to know :D
Tony Summerfield

Re: Journey Through Fairyland ?

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Hello Lola, welcome to the forums and sorry to have kept you waiting for approval, but you have probably since realised that new software was being installed.

You have posted in two places, so I thought I would answer here, though I may move it to miscellaneous Blyton. I have the Journey Through Fairyland board game - though I have to admit that I have never played the game! :D You are quite that it is probably Enid's first ever board game and it was produced around 1947 and has on that it is a BGL product.
Lola B

Post by Lola B »

Hi, gosh, I'm sorry to only come back to you over a year after my initial post and your reply!!! Eek! Thanks for this - I have just unearthed this site and your reply as I have now managed to stumble upon the board for this game, which I am delighted about - I've also managed to gleen a bit more info on the game itself (the good and bad magic squares along the way etc) - however, sadly I only have the board by itself, no playing pieces or cards or instructions, or whatever else it may have come with originally. Am wracking my brains to think of a way I coudl get hold of some, but the only thing I can think of is finding someone willing to photocopy the things they have!! Bit basic I suppose!
Lola B

Post by Lola B »

Meant to add, I'm just trying to get it into a playable state so I can enjoy it with my children and relive my childhood!