Search for a poem!!! Please help!!!

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Bengun

Search for a poem!!! Please help!!!

Post by Bengun »

Can anyone help. I am looking for a poem about a clumsy toad that my mum used to read to me when I was younger. We are both unable to remember the full poem but my mum seems to remember that it was an Enid Blyton poem. Is this poem 'The One Legged Stool'? and if so where can I get a copy/view of the text? To our memory the first lines of the poem read ' Long ago in fairy land there lived a clumsy toad, he had a cottage small and brown along the dreamland road'.

Your help would be very much appreciated as I have a little nephew who would love this poem as much as I did. :roll:
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

I've never heard of the poem, but check out this page

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/auth ... gged+stool

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Re: Search for a poem!!! Please help!!!

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Bengun wrote:Is this poem 'The One Legged Stool'? and if so where can I get a copy/view of the text? To our memory the first lines of the poem read ' Long ago in fairy land there lived a clumsy toad, he had a cottage small and brown along the dreamland road'.
Yes, the poem you are looking for is indeed 'The One-Legged Stool' and I don't know who takes the credit, you or your mum, but you have got the first verse word perfect!!

The poem comes from the book Silver and Gold which is not a very easy book to find as it has been out of print for many years.