Please find me this story - Thirteen O'Clock?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
jen
Favourite book/series: Secret Island
Favourite character: Jack or Phillip from Adventure

Post by jen »

My daughter blew a dandelion clock the other day and I was telling her about an EB story called (I think) Thirteen O'Clock. It was about a dandelion clock that blew thirteen and made magic happen - kind of like the moon turning blue etc. - but I can't for the life of me remember where I read it. Its definately an EB and it might have been in a Dean/Purnell/Reward book.

Any ideas?

SOrry, forgot to say that it isn't the Reward book on the book list because I haven't got that one! It must be in something else too!
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Society Member
jen
Favourite book/series: Secret Island
Favourite character: Jack or Phillip from Adventure

Post by jen »

Thanks Ming but it is definately in a book that I've got and I don't have any of those! Its must be in a "compilation" somewhere but with about 300 EB books its going to take me a long time to find where it is!
A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
tix

Post by tix »

It shouldn’t take very long to whiz through the indexes in your Dean/Purnell and similar books. Many of the stories from earlier years are reprinted in these.

It’s also in "Enid Blyton’s Sunny Story Book" and a boy named Sandy was the one who blew thirteen o’clock on a dandelion to the consternation of some pixies. They told him that all the witches from Witchland will now come and set about catching anyone who’s not in Fairyland.