Trying to remember some titles...

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Tumbleweed

Trying to remember some titles...

Post by Tumbleweed »

I loved the books about the children whose family start up an RSPCA type of place but I can't remember the titles. I wanted to look for it for my kids.

Also there was a book where a couple of kids meet a gypsy (zackery?) and he teaches them about wildlife.

Can anyone remember these ones?
Tumbleweed

Post by Tumbleweed »

oops - just noticed there is another section for this type of thing... :roll: sorry.
Islander
Favourite book/series: The Ship of Adventure / Adventure series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Islander »

Hi Tumbleweed :)

If I'm correct the book you are looking for is called The Children of Green Meadows - I could be wrong of course. I normally am!!

Not sure about the gypsy one though.....
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Hi Tumbleweed. Yes, Islander seems to be right, the RSPCA thing does match with The Children at Green Meadows. As for the other book, I may be wrong, but it seems to me to be The Children of Cherry-Tree Farm. Four children go to an aunt's (?) farm for six months and they meet Tammylan, a "wild man". There are many books like this, perhaps others know of some more?

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Hello Tumbleweed and welcome to the Forums. You seemed worried about posting in the wrong section, so you will see that I have moved it for you.

Certainly the replies are correct, the first book you are looking for is The Children at Green Meadows.

Funnily enough I have just answered your second question in an email I received. The book about Zachary Boswell is Enid Blyton's Animal Lover's Book and this link will take you to the book in our Book Listing section.
Tumbleweed

Post by Tumbleweed »

Thank you very much for your replies :D.

Found a review of The children at Green Meadows and it is the one I was thinking of.

I've got so many other books like that from childhood, where I can remember clearly what happened, or character names, but have no idea of the title. Would love to trace all my fav books for my own kids but I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to :(.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Tumbleweed wrote: I've got so many other books like that from childhood, where I can remember clearly what happened, or character names, but have no idea of the title. Would love to trace all my fav books for my own kids but I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to :(.
You can find them all on ebay for a couple of pounds each incl. postage, especially if you're not overly fussy about which editions you want to buy. :D