how helpful...?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Katy

how helpful...?

Post by Katy »

Hi,

Just wondering how helpful you would find a website where queries such as the ones in this forum could be answered directly by verified sellers who had the books requested? It would act as a middleman between the customer and seller to guarantee the purchase of a requested book without having to visit several bookshops or websites.

Thanks,
Katy
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Hi Katy, welcome to the forums. I can see what you are getting at, but I can't see most sellers being able to answer the sort of questions that you get on this forum. Very few mention books, simply the rough content of a story that they remember. It also depends on what you mean by the term 'verified sellers' - verified by whom? With all due respect there are people on these forums who know far more about Enid Blyton books than any sellers.

Nice idea, but.......
Katy

Post by Katy »

Hi Tony, thanks for the welcome!
By verified sellers I meant well-known, respected and reliable dealers, who you know will be talking about a brilliant find, not just a random person who could be taking your money for rubbish.
I can see that people on these forums know a great deal about Enid Blyton without a doubt, I think that's fantastic!
I want to set up a site that will make it easy for people who love old children's books but just don't have the time to go searching themselves, to act as a middleman between customer and dealer, and as passionate readers of Enid Blyton, I wanted to see what the general opinion was on it.
I've posted a longer description on the questions, comments etc section of the forum if that helps!
Thanks for your quick reply! Katy