Enchanted Cottage

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
barbie2704

Enchanted Cottage

Post by barbie2704 »

My mother was given an Enid Blyton book called (she says) The Enchanted Cottage when she was in her teens (in the early 40's). She later gave it away to someone who had nothing and has regretted it ever since.

She is now getting on in years, as you can imagine, and I would like to try and find her a copy of this book. I have carried out searches for it, but to no avail.

If anyone has any idea as to the correct title or where I can get hold of a copy, please could they let me know.

Many thanks.

Barbara :?: :!: :?
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Welcome to the Forums, Barbie. I don't know of an Enid Blyton book called The Enchanted Cottage but there are other titles which sound similar. The Enchanted Wood , as I expect you already know, is a full-length book about three children who move to a cottage in the country and have magical adventures with the fairy-folk who live in the Faraway Tree. Then there's a book of short stories which includes a story called "The Fly-Away Cottage." If you visit the home page of this site and look at the Book Listing section you could do searches on "cottage" or "enchanted" and see what comes up.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member