Does anyone know the name of this short story?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
ealeake61

Does anyone know the name of this short story?

Post by ealeake61 »

A friend of mine had a book when she was a child with this story in it, it got lost and I would like to be able to give her the book for christmas (runing out of time now, i know).

the short story goes something like this:

Two children get stuck in a museum after closing time. They are wondering around and find a painting of a guy. They are staring at the painting and suddenly the guy steps out of the painting and tells them a story.

That is the description of the story my friend gave me, I hope that maybe it might jog someones memory. She thinks that the book would have been written in the 50's, but not certain on that one.

Thankyou in advance for taking the time to think about this.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Does anyone know the name of this short story?

Post by pete9012S »

Two children get stuck in a museum after closing time. They are wondering around and find a painting of a guy. They are staring at the painting and suddenly the guy steps out of the painting and tells them a story.

This plotline sounds intriguing - I wonder if anyone here remembers this children's story?
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
MarkL
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George

Re: Does anyone know the name of this short story?

Post by MarkL »

From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg perhaps?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/398 ... rankweiler