Which EB characters to invite?

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Moonraker

Re: Which EB characters to invite?

Post by Moonraker »

Boodi 2 wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 14:00 Brilliant Viv!!! I love the idea of Dame Wash-a-lot contributing to the course on money laundering :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Bill Cunningham’s Secret Service School

TOP SECRET

Canine Division Report Card

Pass
Timothy – Good at sniffing out baddies and has well controlled aggression
Shadow – Highly intelligent and attentive to handler
Lucky – you never know when a tight-rope walking dog could be useful

Fail
Loony and Loopy – Attended first session and all meal-times. Otherwise played truant
Buster – thought all Trainers were policemen and nipped ankles accordingly
Kiki – barked most convincingly, but failed the canine medical. What a pity.

PS – Bill left his door open and has now lost his tooth-brush, hair-brush and clothes-brush. If anyone can shed light on their disappearance, they will be offered a place on the next course.
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Jomo
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Timmy, Anne

Post by Jomo »

Viv, the BCSSS Canine Division results are uneven but encouraging.
Timmy’s results are not unexpected - prior experience undoubtedly played a role in his stellar performance.
I am very disappointed with Loony and Loopy though, I thought the excellence of the catered meals for the duration of the course would be a motivator for them - but once more they have demonstrated inability to apply themselves, opportunism and a very frivolous attitude. I would suggest that you check their environs for the missing brushes.
I think Kiki must not be failed on the basis of an inappropriate medical. The canine Division could be renamed the Canine and Avian Division and appropriate adjustments made.
“To grow up in intimate association with nature – animal and vegetable – is an irreplaceable form of wealth and culture.” 
~Miles Franklin, Childhood At Brindabella: My First Ten Years
Barnard
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers Series and Adventure Series.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Barnard »

I thought that my my idea of a fancy dress party was quite good but Viv’s posts are on a different level. Just brilliant.
Jomo

Post by Jomo »

Viv, if spaniels are still to be considered for the BCSSS Canine Division, may I put forward Candidate Scamper for consideration?
Scamper definitely shows more aptitude than previous representatives of spanieldom:

“To grow up in intimate association with nature – animal and vegetable – is an irreplaceable form of wealth and culture.” 
Viv of Ginger Pop

Bill Cunningham's Secret Service School

TOP SECRET

Feline Division- Report Card

The standard of this intake was exceptional, with 100% pass rate

Bimbo - he has valuable experience gleaned from WW2
Sooty - works well in a team with Mr Pinkwhistle
Snoek (aka Sardine) - has a particular talent for making himself invisible on stairs
Mrs Twiddle's cat - can convey a sense of wounded innocence, regardless of the situation. However, easily distracted by kippers
The Pink Cat - can go incognito at festivals
The Pantomime Cat - knew instinctively where to place himself whilst on surveillance duty - "he's behind you"

The feline participants of this training course were deeply discomforted by a constantly barking dog. Some Trainers also reported that they heard someone telling them to wipe their feet and shut the door. Despite an extensive search, no person or canine was found. Just a parrot up a tree.
Jomo

Post by Jomo »

Viv of Ginger Pop wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 22:53 Bill Cunningham's Secret Service School

TOP SECRET

Feline Division- Report Card

The standard of this intake was exceptional, with 100% pass rate
8) Cats! A good thing they are naturals for the Secret Service. No training required. No training possible.
"he's behind you"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The feline participants of this training course were deeply discomforted by a constantly barking dog. Some Trainers also reported that they heard someone telling them to wipe their feet and shut the door. Despite an extensive search, no person or canine was found. Just a parrot up a tree.
Kiki seems to have taken offence to her ‘Fail’ grade in the Canine Division! The BCSSS needs to remedy this ASAP, before she goes completely rogue.
Viv of Ginger Pop

SSD Scamper has been recommended for Special Air Duties

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-60341236

(Secret Service Dog)
Viv of Ginger Pop

Bill Cunningham's Secret Service School

TOP SECRET

Aviation Detachment

As a helicopter pilot himself, Bill is taking a particular interest in this intake.

Noddy - Is a trained pilot with natural flying ability. Bill is keen for him to try the Wings of Icarus that were purloined from The Mountain of Adventure
Chinky (Wishing Chair) - can fly by the power of wishful thinking
Scamper (Secret Seven) - passed basic training (see above) with flying colours
Mrs Arnold (Secret) - Navigator
Sam (Mountain of Adventure) - paragliding
Father of Tom, Mary and Jill (Adventurous Four) - Air-Sea Rescue, by Sea Plane. Will probably start with the first candidate.

Bill has been in discussion with Ranni and Pilescu of which rank to award Kiki.

Wing Commander would be appropriate, but not when her commands are to Buzz off and Blow your nose.

They have therefore decided that she will be awarded Wing Commander (ceremonial) for when the time comes....

God Save the King!

ps - I don't think I can take this any further!
Barnard
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers Series and Adventure Series.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Barnard »

Great stuff, Viv👍😀
Jomo

Post by Jomo »

Excellent Viv! Your observations and intelligence reports on BCSSS training are very reassuring, that we have the best possible talent engaged in the Secret Service. 🌟 :)
GloomyGraham

Post by GloomyGraham »

Joan/Joanna (FF)
Anne (FF)
Jenny Wren (Redroofs)
Greta (House At The Corner)
Dorcas (Mistletoe Farm)
Scamper (SS)

The first five would cook me wonderful meals (and clean up afterwards).

And the sixth would help me with any leftovers. "Good boy Scamper!" :)

Hmmm maybe I should have invited Eunice (FFO) instead of Scamper to help me slim down after these feasts with some bracing jogs around the countryside...
Jomo

Post by Jomo »

GloomyGraham wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 09:04 “…some bracing jogs around the countryside...”
Perhaps you should join us on our wilderness adventure hiking holiday, we’re into our 9th day and we spend most of the day foraging for mushrooms, berries, nuts and various edible tubers, grasses and salad herbs. Tammylan is such a help. :)
We’re all super fit and as thin as a whip.
:D
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

This thread is just brilliant!! Your hike sounds fantastic, Jomo, and Viv's multiple posts are just cracking me up... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't yet decided which characters to invite to my own party / gathering / adventure. There are just too many that I wish I could meet, and unfortunately most of them come in pairs — I couldn't possibly invite Fatty without Bets, Silky without Moon-Face, Lotta without Jimmy, or Noddy without Big-Ears!! And that already takes it over 6, and then I don't have room for Bill Smugs, Mr Pink-Whistle, George and Timmy, or "Naughtiest Girl" Elizabeth... :P
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Jomo

Post by Jomo »

Courtenay wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 11:37 There are just too many that I wish I could meet…
Courtenay, perhaps you could host a Holiday Camp and just invite everyone! Then it’s just a matter of deciding the camp activities :D

Watch out for Viv though, she could be amongst it, talent scouting for Bill Cunningham's Secret Service School. Shhhhh… 8)