Christmas Treats?

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Re: Christmas Treats?

Post by Boatbuilder »

Katharine wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 10:37 However, having just read the 'blub', I think Die Hard is the type of film I would do my best to avoid watching, especially at Christmas - I would probably be kept awake with nightmares, and then Santa wouldn't bring me any presents. :wink:
If you watched it Christmas night, you should already have your presents, unless Santa's running late. :D ;)
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Love Actually is a definite must watch at Christmas, it just makes Christmas for me, as the film counts the days down, and the people's lives are just lovely to watch. Hugh Grant makes a great Prime Minister, especially when he puts the American President in his place! :lol: :lol:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Boatbuilder wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 13:35
Katharine wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 10:37 However, having just read the 'blub', I think Die Hard is the type of film I would do my best to avoid watching, especially at Christmas - I would probably be kept awake with nightmares, and then Santa wouldn't bring me any presents. :wink:
If you watched it Christmas night, you should already have your presents, unless Santa's running late. :D ;)
Good point. Still don't think it's quite my kind of film though. :)
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Julie2owlsdene wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 15:14 Love Actually is a definite must watch at Christmas, it just makes Christmas for me, as the film counts the days down, and the people's lives are just lovely to watch. Hugh Grant makes a great Prime Minister, especially when he puts the American President in his place! :lol: :lol:

Julie, I'm glad I'm not the only person (outside of my family) who loves this film. I really enjoy the sound track too.

One of my favourite bits is Hugh Grant's dancing. :) I have a t-shirt with a still from that part of the film.
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

That's nice, Katharine. The music from the film is just fabulous. I have the DVD but I'm sure it will be shown on TV as it usually is. :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Katharine wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 10:37
However, having just read the 'blub', I think Die Hard is the type of film I would do my best to avoid watching, especially at Christmas - I would probably be kept awake with nightmares, and then Santa wouldn't bring me any presents. :wink:
I love Die Hard (and the sequels). It's not at all scary, and I'm a wuss when it comes to scary films.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Katharine wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 10:37 I think Die Hard is the type of film I would do my best to avoid watching, especially at Christmas..
There is an alternative director's festive cut of the film that you may just about enjoy Katharine.. :wink:

" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

:lol: :lol:
Society Member