Christmas Word Chain Game

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Christmas Word Chain Game

Post by Courtenay »

Well, English Heritage is encouraging us to follow the ancient tradition of keeping our Christmas decorations up until Candlemas (2 February)... :D

(I didn't hear about that until I'd taken mine down, or else I'd be doing it myself. I quite miss Christmas when it's over, although of course if we went on with it for too long, it wouldn't be so special, now would it? :wink: )
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Boatbuilder wrote:Shouldn’t this one be hibernating again until next Christmas? :D
I agree John. At least Courtenay can't complain that it has petered out so soon after Christmas this year! :lol: :wink:
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Oi, I don't think I've ever complained that it petered out too soon after Christmas! :wink: Most years we've done it, we've ended it on Boxing Day or soon after.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Post by Boatbuilder »

I took my decorations down on the 4th of January this year when I normally leave them until the 6th. However, I did put them up much earlier than usual - on the 1st December - instead of about two weeks later. Less dust to brush off them. :lol:
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

I am always relieved when 6th. January comes and I can take down the decorations! For the first time in over a decade we did not have a live (or living?) Christmas tree, mainly because after ten years in a pot the poor thing was looking a bit fragile so as I felt sorry for it we planted it in the garden, where it appears much happier. After such a long time I had forgotten about the amount of needles shed by the cut trees, which was absolutely horrific. The carpet and the vacuum cleaner were absolutely full of pine needles, as was one of the sofas!!!
Society Member
Anne Gracie

Post by Anne Gracie »

Boatbuilder, that’s what I was thinking too, hence my not contributing till recently. :wink: Maybe I should have been forthright and made the suggestion. :wink: Do we have an Easter one?
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Anne Gracie wrote:Do we have an Easter one?
No, but maybe you could start one? :D I'd be happy to join in and perhaps others would too — might be a bit harder to keep up than Christmas, though. And maybe not too soon after Christmas, although I wouldn't be surprised if Easter eggs are getting into the shops already! :shock: (Just checked and Easter this year is Sunday 4 April — quite early, but not as early as it can be.)
Society Member

Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Courtenay wrote:Oi, I don't think I've ever complained that it petered out too soon after Christmas! :wink: Most years we've done it, we've ended it on Boxing Day or soon after.
I was just remembering your comment - you had thought of starting it but wondered if you should as it "just fizzled out", last year. I suppose it goes on as long as anyone can think of another word! We perhaps ran out by Dec 27th in 2019. I'm impressed by the length of run this time.
We have never done an Easter one as far as I remember.

Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

An Easter Word Chain sounds like a great idea and I will definitely join in, but we should wait until closer to the day itself...perhaps it could be started in the last week of March?
Society Member
Anne Gracie

Post by Anne Gracie »

I will try and remember to start an Easter word chain game in late March, or someone else can if they beat me to it. :wink:
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

Thanks Anne Gracie. I will try to remember it too, so between the two of us one of us will definitely remember!!!
Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

Should we start the Easter Word Chain Game here or make a new thread?
Society Member
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

I suggest a new thread... we've never had an Easter one before. It could be interesting!

Society Member
Anne Gracie

Post by Anne Gracie »

I totally forgot!