Weird translation of a scene

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Yes - have a cream bun! :D
HeatherS
Favourite book/series: Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by HeatherS »

Mmmmm, thanks Anita. The creamiest cream bun I've ever had!

Try this one. I've left the names out so as not to make it too obvious.

When passing, the ____ the some cow inside the grass field it was stimulated in the grass and it saw. ' It respected the cow and the flag and in order to eat anything and Ji Anh to be severe but it does not do the grass which is tasteless, ' she called in ____. ' The cow - assuredly the chocolate eclair which eats the egg and the lettuce sandwich, assuredly, assuredly be and multi do not taste - even miss and and think the egg which boils and drinking a ginger pulse attention separation! The cow which is poor!
Heather
"Have you held your breath in wonder, at the sky so dark and deep?" - Enid Blyton
http://www.heathersblytonpages.com/
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

It seems this one's a bit tricky, so I'll give you a hint. Anne is speaking to George.
Heather
"Have you held your breath in wonder, at the sky so dark and deep?" - Enid Blyton
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

Still no takers? Shall I post the answer, or will I leave you a little longer to puzzle?
Heather
Raci

Post by Raci »

HeatherS wrote:Still no takers? Shall I post the answer, or will I leave you a little longer to puzzle?
:lol: Even with the F5 clue, I'm stumped :?
Are the cow and the chocolate eclair original words or added in translation?
I can't think of any times these words crop up together :lol:
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

Are the cow and the chocolate eclair original words or added in translation?
They are there in the original, as is the egg and lettuce sandwich! In fact, this quote isn't wildly different to the original.

Another clue - trouble seems to follow the Five wherever they go - especially around Kent.

If there are no correct responses by next Wednesday (or Tuesday night for most of you) I'll reveal the answer.
Heather
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Aha! Okay, you practically told us it was in Five Get Into Trouble, Heather, so I cheated and looked up the passage. It's in Chapter 2. Anne says to George that she feels sorry for cows because they can't eat an egg and lettuce sandwich, a chocolate eclair or a boiled egg, and can't drink ginger-beer.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Another one:

The Mowdie the mole in her foot quite is neat from her nose, she is an eye and she is like that all and and and and it dawns and it will be able to penetrate a most dark night, her ear goes out and Joh the like all them well, it is small me it thinks.
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Weird translation of a scene

Post by Viking Star »

As my return to the world of Blyton is quite recent, I probably don't have much of a chance of solving riddles in this particular string. :?

But I did want to say that I find them highly amusing and a quite original idea, so thank you everyone for providing the entertainment to unseen watchers! :)
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

That clue was meant to be obvious, I just tried to make it a teeny bit cryptic-sounding so I didn't look like I was just giving it away. But I'm so glad SOMEBODY finally cheated - so did you have to read the book up to that point, Anita? Lucky it wasn't in the final chapters! Or maybe not so lucky - it could be used as an excellent excuse for re-reading the book.

I can't believe nobody remembers that passage! It's one of my favourite FF quotes, and so like Ann to say a thing like that!

But I'm rather stumped on this new one. No ideas coming to me whatsoever.
Heather
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Hi Heather,

I knew the passage from Five Get Into Trouble must come from somewhere near the beginning, so I just skimmed through until I found it.

If no-one recognises the new passage, I'll give a clue in a few days.
Raci

Post by Raci »

HeatherS wrote:I can't believe nobody remembers that passage! It's one of my favourite FF quotes, and so like Ann to say a thing like that!
I guess that just goes to show how we all remember different parts of the stories. It is a very 'Anne' comment - I can't believe I didn't remember it! :roll:
Anita Bensoussane wrote:The Mowdie the mole in her foot quite is neat from her nose, she is an eye and she is like that all and and and and it dawns and it will be able to penetrate a most dark night, her ear goes out and Joh the like all them well, it is small me it thinks.
I'm pretty sure in The children of cherry-tree farm Tammylan refered to the mole he was showing the children as Mowdie Mole. So thats my guess.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

It is a Mowdie Mole, but not from The Children of Cherry-Tree Farm.
Tony Summerfield

Mowdie Mole

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I'm not very good at these games Anita, but I have been looking at a lot of books recently as we prepare to add to the Book Listing section and this sounds suspiciously like a chapter from Enid Blyton's Animal Lover's Book to me - I have probably just proved how poor I am at this sort of thing!!

Best wishes
Tony
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

A good guess, Tony, but the extract isn't from a nature book. It's from a work of fiction, and one which is widely available (second-hand if not new - I don't know whether it's still in print, but it may well be. It was published in the popular Dean & Son series.)

I look forward to seeing more books added to the Book Listing section :D .

Anita