Weird translation of a scene

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Okay, that's pretty close, Heather. The passage comes from Chapter 3 of The Enchanted Wood:

"How the children hoped the day would be fine! They woke early and jumped out of bed. They pulled their curtains and looked out. The sky was as blue as cornflowers. The sun shone between the trees, and the shadows lay long and dewy on the grass. The Enchanted Wood stood dark and mysterious behind their garden."

I tried translating it into Portuguese and back again but that came out too obvious, so I resorted to Korean. I love the way "Wood" has become "staff"!
Raci

Post by Raci »

:oops: Well now I'm confused!!!! I even had a quick look in The Enchanted Wood last night because it sounded similar but some how I missed the actual passage :roll:
Raci

Post by Raci »

:D Heather your scene .........
HeatherS
Favourite book/series: Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by HeatherS »

OK - try this one:

Good elegance - the glance over there - the corner...! Is that bat with anything? One where the person shouted. - On the other side, Mac see. The person 2 boys stoops in the corner which the is looked at the body. Surface! White surface! It was the other person. I do not like that. Here, switch of your torch. That the moonlight or is some exactly trick.

It's a fairly tricky one, so I'll let you know that the people in the scene are two bad guys and two boys. It was translated to Japanese and back if that helps!
Heather
"Have you held your breath in wonder, at the sky so dark and deep?" - Enid Blyton
http://www.heathersblytonpages.com/
Raci

Post by Raci »

HeatherS wrote:Good elegance - the glance over there - the corner...! Is that bat with anything? One where the person shouted. - On the other side, Mac see. The person 2 boys stoops in the corner which the is looked at the body. Surface! White surface! It was the other person. I do not like that. Here, switch of your torch. That the moonlight or is some exactly trick.
Is this from The Secret Seven?
The scene where Peter and Jack are disguised as snowman and go into the house forgetting they have white faces and the men spot them hiding.
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

Here I am underestimating you clever people - I thought this one was going to be really tricky! Well done, Raci - you're completely correct.

The original scene was:
Good gracious - look there - in that corner! Whatever is it? cried one of the men. Look - over there, Mac. The men looked towards the corner where the two boys were crouching. Faces! White faces! said the other man. I don't like it. Here, switch on your torch. It's just a trick of the moonlight or something.
Heather
"Have you held your breath in wonder, at the sky so dark and deep?" - Enid Blyton
Raci

Post by Raci »

Ok here's the next scene:

Next the Cat opened to the highway by means of jtjá heavy trees, and came to the small clear place in its center. "now, thus I mean to construct the house," said. "trees See these small jtjá here, there, there, two there, and two there." Or, I think that they will state that if we raised above and I doubled lower the superior sectors, will find other or in the center, and we they can weave to another one. This one will make the principle of a ceiling. With my axe I will trim under some other new jtjá trees, and will use the body and the heaviest sectors for the walls we can that we lead the bodies and the sectors to the land between the six jtjá trees that we used, and above filled cualquieres cracks of smaller sectors than they are tiled opposite. Next if we fulfilled each angle and we cracked of fern and erej' ki, we will have a great fine house, with a wonderful ceiling, wind-proof and raincoat. What you think to this one?
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

That is definitely from The Secret Island, when Jack (not the Cat!) explains to the others how Willow House will be built.

Here's another one, translated into Japanese and back again:

The rose already just cannot withstand the fact that is with the aunt of the 坐 room. She walks to the door, sees, hears. The shadow of afternoon circular now it was beautiful extending very, field approximately. Sound she who catches the breeze, and with the rose of the aunt of thing and the laughter which field shout in the distance looked at the portable figure. What which is everything which is made she who "can do the thing preparation where I thought of what which she will not do with other things under any condition, do with her anger" it goes to meeting, - as for her walking the shoes, are kicked with the high heel through the farm enclosure from the gate, the narrow place, the road which rutted that led to hay field is raised. That was hot with the sun. It was difficult to walk with the high heel. But as for the rose of the aunt she the family the hay to being last comes to the gate which the field which was made was opened you persevered. The how race whether child of! Shout with metal sawing voice, shouts something which!
Raci

Post by Raci »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:That is definitely from The Secret Island, when Jack (not the Cat!) explains to the others how Willow House will be built.
Correct Anita :D
To even disguise this scene as much as I did I had to translate it like this:
English - Greek - French - Spanish - English :lol:

Your scene is from Six cousins at mistletoe farm When Aunt Rose walks down to the hay-fields to find her family.

I'll post another scene shortly just got to go do dinner now :wink:
Raci

Post by Raci »

Ok Here goes! :D

"One day you will give up the school and will leave in the world as young women. It is necessary that you take with you the brains laid out, good hearts, and it has it will help. It is necessary that you take with you a good comprehension of many things, and an eagerness which the responsibility becomes acceptable and to present itself as women so that you are loved and for you entrust. All the these things will be able to you to learn here - if.
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

Is this from Malory Towers when Miss Grayling has her "talk" to the new students?
Heather
Raci

Post by Raci »

:D Spot on Heather!
Your scene ........
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

Try this one:

"To zdravstvulte!, Mother! ' The morning, Pope! I speak, not this heavenly day -.vse daffodils and primroses and sunshine! Gosh, I love hols easter." "you will obtain your porridge, expensive," said its MATI.
Heather
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

This is when Diana waltzes into the room at the beginning of The Rilloby Fair Mystery, waxing lyrical about the spring flowers.

Hee hee - I'm assuming Babelfish went from "Dad" to "Father" to "Pope" :lol: !
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

Exactly right, Anita. And I was so amused to see "Pope" come up myself that I just had to keep that translation - even though it made it a little easier keeping "primroses" there!
Heather