Famous Five Books - a Quiz

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
rafal

rafal

Post by rafal »

Hallo, :lol:
in the german books have sniffers fahther no name. I hope you understand my english.

but here is my Q.

What animal have Benny the little brother from Toby in the Book five go to Billycock Hill as a friend :?:

I hope he have the same animal in the english books than in the german...........:!: :wink:

By

Rafal
George@Kirrin

Re: rafal

Post by George@Kirrin »

rafal wrote:What animal have Benny the little brother from Toby in the Book five go to Billycock Hill as a friend :?:
He has a piglet names Curley.

Who falls asleep when acting as look out in book 3?
Raci

Post by Raci »

Lulie - What was the answer to your last Q? It seems to have everyone stuck. :wink:
George@Kirrin wrote:Who falls asleep when acting as look out in book 3?
Anne

Q, What is the name of the boat the 5 hired when they stayed near Whispering island?
Raci

Post by Raci »

Raci wrote:Q, What is the name of the boat the 5 hired when they stayed near Whispering island?
Well it looks like I gave everyone too much of a tricky Q for the start of a new year! :lol:
So hears a clue:

The 5 stay in Hill Cottage with Wilfrid when they hire ? to row to Whispering Island in "Five Have A Mystery To Solve"
Georgina

Post by Georgina »

Q, What is the name of the boat the 5 hired when they stayed near Whispering island?

seem to recall it was called Adventure though I'd believe you if you said it was Mystery.

I'm afraid I don't know the name of Sniffer's father. :?

I'll set a question anyway and hope someone else knows his name (or does that count as cheating?)

Q: What was the name of the circus that camped in the Haylings' field?
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Georgina wrote:
Q: What was the name of the circus that camped in the Haylings' field?
Tappers? / Mr Tappers...

In Five go on a Hike Together, they stop off for sandwhiches. They get some of all four varieties on offer - what are the four varieties? As a bonus question, when the lady who owns the shop's son comes in for his lunch, Dick tell him she's hard at work cutting bread - how many slices did she need to cut for the sandwiches the five ordered?
Raci

Post by Raci »

Georgina wrote:seem to recall it was called Adventure though I'd believe you if you said it was Mystery.
Yes the boat was called Adventure.
George@Kirrin wrote:In Five go on a Hike Together, they stop off for sandwhiches. They get some of all four varieties on offer - what are the four varieties? As a bonus question, when the lady who owns the shop's son comes in for his lunch, Dick tell him she's hard at work cutting bread - how many slices did she need to cut for the sandwiches the five ordered?
I think they asked for ham, cheese, egg and potted meat. I remember them mentioning 8 sandwiches each.
Now that would be 16 slices each but I'm not sure if its for just the children or for Timmy as well so its either 64 slices or 80 slices.
:lol: LOL! Either way it sounds a huge amount. :lol:

Q, What does Timmy take safely through the undersea tunnel from Kirrin Island to Kirrin Cottage?
Georgina

Post by Georgina »

In Five go on a Hike Together, they stop off for sandwhiches. They get some of all four varieties on offer - what are the four varieties? As a bonus question, when the lady who owns the shop's son comes in for his lunch, Dick tell him she's hard at work cutting bread - how many slices did she need to cut for the sandwiches the five ordered?
Cheese, egg, ham and pork and, yes there were 64 rounds of bread.
(I only remember because I had the book on audio tape and I have the voice of the shop lady stuck in my head still!! :oops: )

Q: what happened that caused the five to stay in Tinker's lighthouse (Five Go To Demon's Rocks)
Lulie

Post by Lulie »

Firstly I must apologise. I'd set my question about Sniffer's father without reference to my books (I was at work!) and when I checked, he doesn't have one :oops: So whoever said that he doesn't have one is right! I could have sworn that he did, but I must have mixed him up with another gypsy villain!
Q: what happened that caused the five to stay in Tinker's lighthouse (Five Go To Demon's Rocks)
Hadn't Uncle Quentin invited some visitors without telling Aunt Fanny, so there wasn't any room at Kirrin Cottage?
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Raci wrote: Q, What does Timmy take safely through the undersea tunnel from Kirrin Island to Kirrin Cottage?
Prof Kirrins notebook.

You were correct about the 64 slices of bread - what fatties!

Q. Who's the boy that Mr Andrews invites to play with Jock, to keep him away from the five?
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Quiz

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

George@Kirrin: "Q. Who's the boy that Mr Andrews invites to play with Jock, to keep him away from the five?"

A. Cecil Dearlove (Who could forget a name like that?!)

By the way, I love the picture of Michelle Gallagher. Anyone know whether she has acted in anything else since the Famous Five TV series?

Q. What is the name of Sniffer's dog?

Anita
Lulie

Re: Quiz

Post by Lulie »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:Q. What is the name of Sniffer's dog?
Liz (the same as my sister!)

What was the name of the house in Five Get Into Trouble?
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:By the way, I love the picture of Michelle Gallagher. Anyone know whether she has acted in anything else since the Famous Five TV series?
Thank you, I managed to get hold of quite a few original press photos of the five. Don't think she acted after the five, I think she wanted, at the time of filming, to be a nurse....
Lulie wrote:What was the name of the house in Five Get Into Trouble?
Owl's Dene.

In the same book, who are Rooky's side kicks?
Raci

Post by Raci »

George@Kirrin wrote:Who are Rooky's side kicks?
I seem to remember Mr Perton, Ben, Fred and Hunchy but there may be others.

Q, Which one of the men (in this story) does Timmy bite?
gareth jones
Favourite book/series: ADVENTURE SERIES
Favourite character: JACK TRENT

Re-Quiz.

Post by gareth jones »

Timmy bites Rooky quite badly on the hand(yippe)
Q-What was the name of the farm hand on Finniston Farm.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.