Famous Five Books - a Quiz

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
George@Kirrin

Re: quiz

Post by George@Kirrin »

Raci wrote: Q, What was the full name of the SON of the American Scientist - Mr Elbur? And which girls name did they choose when they disguised him?
I am confuddled here (doesn't take much) Are you referring to book 14?

I didn't realise Mr Elbur Wright had a son, He had a daughter, Berta Leslie Wright, who was disguised as a Boy, Lesley, and then as a girl Jane during the stay...

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

If not...

What were the 4 clues on the piece of linen the five found at Kirrin Farm in book 2?
Georgina

Post by Georgina »

Q, What was the full name of the SON of the American Scientist - Mr Elbur? And which girls name did they choose when they disguised him?
I assume you are referring to "the famous five adventure". Thats a bit mean you know :shock: I have a feeling his name was Junior but maybe muddling with Finniston farm (besides ive only read 'TFFA once') was given a plain name like Sally, Sue, Polly?

The 4 clues on linen found in Kirrin Cottage were, room facing east, stone floor, wooden panels,one which was marked with a cross and a cupboard

Q who wore Clopper's head in the Barnies' performances?
Raci

Post by Raci »

Raci wrote: Q, What was the full name of the SON of the American Scientist - Mr Elbur? And which girls name did they choose when they disguised him?
George@Kirrin wrote:I am confuddled here (doesn't take much) Are you referring to book 14?
No. Georgina is correct - The Q was based on 'The Famous Five Adventure', Enid's play. :oops: Still a Famous Five story LOL! And the original criteria was "as easy or difficult as you like". :oops: But I agree maybe a bit of a trick question.
Georgina wrote:I assume you are referring to "the famous five adventure". Thats a bit mean you know :shock: I have a feeling his name was Junior but maybe muddling with Finniston farm (besides ive only read 'TFFA once') was given a plain name like Sally, Sue, Polly?
His name was Junior Franklin Winston Elbur and his name while disguised was Susan. :D
Georgina wrote:Q who wore Clopper's head in the Barnies' performances?
Binks

Q, What did 2 of the 5 hide in Puffing Billy?
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Ahh, I'm saving that book for when I've finished my thesis (kind of reward, aling with the audio tape of the River of Adventure)
Raci wrote: Q, What did 2 of the 5 hide in Puffing Billy?
Dick and Julian hide forged $100 Bills dropped by a plane in book 13 on Mystery Moor for the Gypseys to pick up. They put them down the funnel and covered them with sand.

As the questions are turning more tricky......... In 5 go off to Camp, what marks did the sheep have painted on them?
Raci

Post by Raci »

George@Kirrin wrote:Ahh, I'm saving that book for when I've finished my thesis......

In 5 go off to Camp, what marks did the sheep have painted on them?
You'll enjoy 'The Famous Five Adventure'. I thought it was very good. :D

:( Well you've got me stumpted with your Q! The only time I remember sheep being mentioned is when they're in the road and the car has to stop briefly on the way to camp. But without cheating and looking it up I don't remember any reference to them having paint on them.
Lulie

Post by Lulie »

I'm probably completely wrong here, but is it a cross? The sheep round here have red/blue/green blobs on them. I'm not sure if it's meant to be a particular mark, but it looks like a plain old blob to me!

In Five Have A Wonderful time what is the name of the fire-eater?
Georgina

Post by Georgina »

yes, I'm a bit stumped with the sheep marking, I would guess it was a cross too, will have to check it out..

The fire eater was Alfredo.

Q. What was the name of Jeff's friend in Billycock Hill?
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Georgina wrote: yes, I'm a bit stumped with the sheep marking, I would guess it was a cross too, will have to check it out..
It was a cross yes, as said by the shepherd who warned the 5 initially about the railway yard.
Georgina wrote:Q. What was the name of Jeff's friend in Billycock Hill?
FL Ray Wells.

In Fix, what did Mrs Thomas believe had happened to her son, and why did she think that?
Raci

Post by Raci »

She thought her son had been killed because one of the men holding her prisoner had told her that was what had happened. He had been told to say that by her son.

Q, Where were the 5 when they first met Jo?
Lulie

Post by Lulie »

Raci wrote:Q, Where were the 5 when they first met Jo?
On Kirrin beach.

Why was Red Tower given his nickname?
gareth jones
Favourite book/series: ADVENTURE SERIES
Favourite character: JACK TRENT

post subject

Post by gareth jones »

Because he had flaming red hair and beard and he was very tall.
Q who saved Timmy's life when he was choking on a rubber ball.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Quiz

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

[Gareth:] "Q who saved Timmy's life when he was choking on a rubber ball. "

That was Wilfrid in Five Have a Mystery to Solve. By coincidence, I was thinking of setting exactly the same question in this quiz the other day, but I didn't know the answer to the question that had been posed at the time. Perhaps it has something to do with us both being from North Wales - I grew up there :lol: .

Okay, what was the name of the fisher-boy who used to look after Timmy for George? (This is a bit like Kirrin's question about the cook :) ).

Anita
George@Kirrin

Re: Quiz

Post by George@Kirrin »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:
Okay, what was the name of the fisher-boy who used to look after Timmy for George? (This is a bit like Kirrin's question about the cook :) ).

Anita
Alf, or James :)

Why did Mr Stick know Julian was in the kitchen getting food after supper?
Lulie

Post by Lulie »

Because he was sleeping there (Mr Stick, that is, not Julian)

What was Martin's surname?
Raci

Post by Raci »

He says its Martin Curton but towards the end of the story he admits that Mr Curton is only his guardian not his father but I can't remember if another surname is given for him.

Q, What instrument does Skippy play?