Five at Kirrin Cottage Again in middle age!

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Five at Kirrin Cottage Again in middle age!

Post by pete9012S »

A phone in the corner of the cave suddenly rang,its shrill tone echoed around the chamber in an insistent disturbing manner......
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
7upromana01
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Post by 7upromana01 »

Blick picked the 'phone up."Hello. Yes, he is here. No, we haven't got it yet. What was that? Yes, we've got the kids. Ok, I'll pass on the message. We'll get the load soon, okay? Bye." He paused, looked at children and said "Here's a message from Edgar:
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

"So is Edgar the bbbbbbbanker Uncle Quentin?" Stammered Dick.."Silly boy Dick,"replied Uncle Quentin,"You misheard me I said .......

Society Member
7upromana01

Post by 7upromana01 »

That Edgar is the Tanker. He is in the army and very high up. But because he's in the army he looks ragged and if he is ragged he may not get this hot girl and if he gets the girl this might make him give up smoking! We need the age experiments!"

"Why can't you make your own?! Looks like you have one of the missing scientists. Dr. Nirrik, is it? Didn't you help me make the cream?! You have the formula. I gave you the exactly same recipe!" Uncle Quentin shouted."And anyway the batch of creams are in the ice-cream van!" Uncle Quentin had said too much.

ps: Nirrik is Kirrin backwards
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

"Most helpful news," said Mr Stick with an evil smile. "That means I don't need you too much any more. When my fellows are back, I'll have you put into some dungeons and once the experiment works with Edgar, well, I suppose I'll dispose of you then."
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

Dick and Uncle Quentin shivered. Mr.Stick suddenly got up and said, "Well then I will be back in 2 mins. I need to.....
You can call me Sunskriti!
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

....Ppppp...'Stop!' yelled Uncle Quentin.'We shall not have any of that sort of language here!!'

'What,you mean I can't say the word POTATOES?' replied Pa Stick looking puzzled.'Well,I was just going out to prepare some food for you all,but if that's how you feel.......

Society Member
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

"You seem a trifle unbalanced to me, Mr Stick," said Julian, very matter-of-factly. The man turned round and faced him angrily.
"You make us prisoners, have me whipped, then threaten to kill us only to offer to cook for us and all that in no more than two hours time. What is it you really want?"
Uncle Quentin, Dick, George and Anne held their breaths. Julian was right, they knew that, but had it been wise to challenge Mr Stick like that?
The man started towards Julian, then thought better of it and heavily sat down on a chair.
"You are right, all high and mighty Julian Kirrin," Mr Stick sneered. "To answer your question, I want the formula, the drugs and I want them to be used on my son. To you he may have been no more than a nuissance but now that my poor wife has left us, he's all family I've got. And I'd do anything, anything, you understand? to see that happen. We don't have much more time, intimidation obviously doesn't work, so, Professor Kirrin, how much for your help? I'm prepared to pay you the fee you name."
Mr Stick's voice had changed from sneering to pleading.
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Uncle Quentin,the most useless person around money and ever so impractical when it came to all fiscal matters replied in true eccentric Scientific fashion........"Well,I suppose if you gave me ......

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

.... "Father!" interrupted George. "How can you even think of bargaining with this.... this...." George spluttered as she tried to think of a word strong enough to convey her feelings.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

"SCUM!!!" exploded Uncle Quentin. breaking back into the conversation."Now you look 'ere."stammered Pa Stick,furious at how anyone could so describe his precious spotty smelly Edgar..."

"You misunderstand my meaning" glared back Uncle Quentin to Pa Stick.... "As I was saying" said Uncle Quentin,".. if you give me a chance to explain.We need SCUM,Kirrin Scum from repetitive wave action on the seashore to make the chemical formula needed to help your precious child.

He jotted down the formula for them all to see on the blackboard in the centre of the room."This is the formula of scum he droned (R-COO-)2 Ca++ and/or (R-COO-)2 Mg++ and if you take ....blah blah blah"

Uncle Quentin then went into a most detailed analysis of the chemical composition of Kirrin Scum that left even Julian,the most scientific minded among them feeling rather......

Society Member
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

...bewildered.

The others didn't even bother to try and follow Uncle Quentin's explanations. They knew they were lost. Mr Stick had quietly cut the ropes that bound the children's hands and had motioned them to sit down on some of the crates that were lying around.
Just then, the other men stormed back inside the room. "The ice-cream van! We need you to help us pull it away from the cliffs or it'll be smashed to bits!"
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

"This whole thing is becoming ridiculous!" said Julian, "But come on, let's use this opportunity to get out of here and see what's actually happening!"
The others followed him quickly and soon they were all standing in the warm sunshine, wondering what to do next.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Dick Kirrin

Post by Dick Kirrin »

Uncle Quentin rushed forward to see what was happening to his precious ice-cream van. The children followed at a slower pace and soon reached the spot where Uncle Quentin stood - as if glued to the soil.
They all saw the van had reached the utmost point of a high cliff and only a few crumbling rocks prevented it from falling all the way down into the sea.
"Julian, Dick! Get these beams and help the men. You, George take this strong rope here, and tie it round the rear fender and the big rock over there," called Uncle Quentin who had found his wits.
"But...," started George.
"What?" snapped Uncle Quentin.
"I think George wonders why we should help this rotten character Mr Stick, and to be honest I wonder, too," said Julian.
"Two reasons, actually. First one, the van is not theirs, but mine. So it is still my work that'll go down with it. And second, whatever you think of Mr Stick and Edgar, my experiment may well be the last chance the boy's got. If the van smashes, he doesn't have a chance at all. So not helping them would be something very close to killing him right here and now. Can you live with that - I can't. If I only were sure the experiment will work!"
7upromana01

Post by 7upromana01 »

So George, Dick and Julian obeyed. Anne sat next to mind-created Timmy, stroking him. She really wanted Aunt Fanny or Julian at this moment. The ice-cream van was being slowly tugged off the edge of the cliff. When it was on safe land, Mr. Stick jumped into the van and grabbed all the tubs of cream there was.
"No!"
Abi.