Five Find-Outers And Dog Mystery By You!

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Five Find-Outers And Dog Mystery By You!

Post by pete9012S »

Larry Thinks 'out of the box'

While Fatty was still in a bit of a daze over all these goings on he decided to take the advice given to him and 'think out of the box'.
He went back to the phone box Fatty had used and picked up the receiver.'Hello' he said to the exchange,'please put me through to the last number that was dialled from this phone box.'............'Certainly Sir' replied the lady at the exchange.

The number rang and rang.......and just as Larry was about to give up it was answered...........

A colourless voice said' please repeat the access code for the correct extension.'.................In a flash of inspiration Larry said '000001,please.'.............'Putting you through'replied the shapeless voice.

'Well done Larry' said a cultured voice at extension 000001 'I thought there was potential in you young man!'.......'Wwwwwho is this? who are you?' stammered Larry.

'My name does not matter.who I am is not important.What is important is that you all succeed in solving this 'nonimous mystery together.You must help Fatty,he needs your brains-remember Larry you where once the leader of the Find-Outers.You have passed my 1st test to you admirably,working out that the raffle ticket number was telephone extension proves you do have natural ability that you must nurture.

I will be contacting all the others along the way to guide them....but you must solve this mystery the future of Peteswood depends on it .
Now go back to the others-once you have told them about this call,get to Farmer Teds and get this mystery cleared up as soon as you can'.....................the phone clicked off...Larry raced back to the others.................................
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Fatty was now somewhat recovered and was very impressed by Larrys efforts to help.

'Jolly well done Larry' he said.'Lets schedule a meeting at my shed after tea this evening and review our notes together about this strange 'nonimous mystery weve been set.
I will make a list of all the people who have ben 'nonimously helped,and all the clues we have so far.Lets meet in my shed at say 7pm-bring some snacks too,were bound to be famished by then!'

Chapter Two

The Find-Outers Meet in the cosy shed................

'Heres the list of all the people helped 'nonimously began Fatty....

Society Member
elizabeth
Favourite book/series: Five findouters,Famousfive,St clares,MaloryTowers
Favourite character: Bets Pat Isabel Claudine Bobby Snubby June

Post by elizabeth »

Here's the the list of all the people helped 'nonimously began Fatty....

1.Mrs Jelly
2.Mr Stinkies
3.Mrs Natter
4.Farmer Ted

Fatty said : I wrote Farmer Ted because soon he is also going to be involved in the list.Let's go to Farmer Ted's and warn him about it.

So they took their bicycles and cycled over to Farmer Teds.
'What did you say?' said Mam'zelle who was not well up on american slang.'Did you say,"Hallo, bodies"?That is not correct,Claudine.You should say, "hallo,everybody." '
Timmylover
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Five Find-Outers, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Have a guess

Post by Timmylover »

It was Bets who brought them all down to earth again, for once feeling that Fatty was letting them down. "Why are we doing this, have you all forgotten that we have a much more important mystery to solve?" Fatty and Larry suddenly felt very embarrassed. In the excitement of Larry making a phone call, taking the initiative away from the suddenly befuddled Fatty, they did seem to have forgotten the most important point.

What had happended to Superintendent Jenks, and who was trying to impersonate him? Bets again proved to be the only one who was doing any real thinking. "I think all this 'nonimous good deeds nonsense is just a ploy to take our minds away from something really important that's happening." The others gazed at her with admiration, their mouths hanging open with shock. Fatty looked up at the sky, slapping himself on the forehead. "Bets, you've put us all to shame! I can't think why I didn't realise that myself - of course the good deeds balderdash is just to distract us from a very bad deed. We have to put all our efforts into trying to find out what has happened to our dearest friend, Jenks. That's what he would expect us to do. Now we really must live up to our name as the Find-Outers. How could I have been so stupid!"

Buster looked at Fatty, who kept repeating his last words in disbelief. His brown eyes were filled with concern for his beloved master. Fatty stroked the dog's head whilst thinking aloud "How could we allow ourselves to be misled and confused so easily. The imposter's a nasty piece of work. We must find out what's happened to Jenks - oh, how could I have been so stupid!"
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers".
Charles W. Eliot, The Happy Life, 1896.
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Larry again came up with a brain wave -'Lets pool our resources,Daisy and I will tackle Farmer Ted,Fatty,Pip and Bets will chase up the Superintendant Jenks impersonator!'

'Excellent idea!'beamed Fatty to Larry.' I must say Larry,you are certainly a top class Find-Outer today! Lets split up and spend an hour or so on it this evening.'

They set off.....Larry and Daisy to Farmer Teds- Fatty,Pip & Bets to visit Mrs Bell who ran the exchange at her home near the Police Station....................

Soon Fatty,Pip & Bets were at the house of Mrs Bell.'Why hello my dears!'she beamed.'Do come along in and have an iced bun and a glass of milk-I'm not due back on to my evening shift till 9.30pm...now what can I do for you all?'.................................

Society Member
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

Fatty asked : Did you see anyone near the Police Station? How does he look like? Was Superintendent Jenks out at any time of the day?

Mrs Bell answered :Yes, I did.He was wearing sunglasses,hmmm...let me remember.Ya,he wore a bright colored shirt and trousers.He looked like a foriegner.Yes,he was out at 3.00 clock.

Bets couldn't contain her excitement.She was beaming all lover her face.Mrs Bell was surprised.

She asked : Why are you suddenly beaming,little girl? Anyway here are some snacks.

Bets suddenly went red.She handed out iced buns and warm milk.It was delicious.They thanked her for the food and left.
'What did you say?' said Mam'zelle who was not well up on american slang.'Did you say,"Hallo, bodies"?That is not correct,Claudine.You should say, "hallo,everybody." '
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Meanwhile,at Farmer Teds Larry and Daisy were in deep conversation with Farmer Ted....

.'Ooooh Arrr' said Farmer Ted.'I'd welcome any 'nominous 'elp I would me dears!'he confided to them .'Since I lost me dog,my cat ran off with a Tom Cat 'n me combine 'arvester broke down its been an 'ard uphill slog I can tell 'Ee....luckily I still have me right 'and man Mr.Horace Scope to 'elp me ...dont know where I'd be without 'im I dont!!

'Oh dear' said Daisy,'we are really sorry to hear about all your hard times.'

'Arrr,dont worry too much young 'uns-I've just received this 'nonomous note,here read it for yourselves!'.....

The note said....................

Society Member
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

I will come to help you,Farmer Ted.

With regards,
Mr Noble Event
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

the other side of the note contained just three words,but they made Larry & Daisy very excited.
The three words were...........

Society Member
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

"Jenks Clues Suspects"
Fatty asked : Why are you guys excited suddenly?
Timmylover

Post by Timmylover »

Bets, who was still trying to finish eating an enormous bun, looked at Fatty in amazement. She feared that he was having another funny turn. This was so unlike Fatty's usual behaviour.

"Fatty, dear" she asked, anxiously "are you feeling unwell again? Guys, in July? And they never get excited, you do know that they're not real, you do, don't you?" A large tear suddenly dropped onto the bun she was holding. Everything was becoming ridiculous and muddled. Who was this lady they were sitting with? Everyone knew that the nearest telephone exchange was in Sheepsale.

"Am I having a bad dream?" she wondered to herself.
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers".
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

Fatty understood what was going in Bets mind and said : Don't worry little Bets,........
Timmylover

Post by Timmylover »

But Bets certainly did worry. Fatty had been talking nonsense, about excited guys, when Guy Fawkes night was still four months away. This was not like Fatty at all. He never talked nonsense, he was the cleverest person Bets had ever known. Even Buster looked worried. He whined a little and held up one of his front paws to Fatty. Bets felt very strange as it was usually Fatty who made her feel safe if she was frightened or worried. Now she felt as though she had to take care of Fatty.
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

Fatty said : I meant that when we saw the three words,Larry and Daisy suddenly got excited.They were the 'guys' I meant.Now you understood,didn't you? You thought about Guy Fawkes didn't you Bets? Anyway why were you excited Larry and Daisy when you saw the three words " Jenks Suspect Clue"

Larry and Daisy said : It meant that he had written that because he had something to do with Superintendent Jenks or he planned to do something to Superintendent Jenks.But we have no idea what suspect and clue means.What about you,Fatty?

Fatty was deep in thought.He had not heard what the others had said.Larry shook him.

He said : Fatty,did you hear what we said?

Fatty looked puzzled :o :shock: :?: .

He replied : No.What did you say? I was thinking about something else.

Larry and Daisy had to say it all over again.

Larry asked : Fatty,do tell us.What were you thinking about?

Fatty replied : I was thinking about the note...................
Timmylover

Post by Timmylover »

That I haven't even seen. You're not here with us, Larry and Daisy - you're supposed to be with the farmer. Only Bets, Pip and I are in Mrs Bell's house. Am I hearing voices in my head?" Now it was Pip's turn to look alarmed. "That's a sign of a serious mental illness so no, Fatty, you can't be hearing voices in your head. That would be so out of character for you. You're not mad, old thing, it's just the continuation in this story that's mad."