Which do you prefer?

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Bertie
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers, Famous Five.
Favourite character: Fatty & Buster, George & Timmy.

Re: Which do you prefer?

Post by Bertie »

Normally I'd tend to prefer the option that was quieter and had less of a crowd but, as much as I love reading about Fatty's bravery, I'd much rather be safe at the gymkhana, enjoying the food and watching the horses, rather than tensely standing still and quiet near a gang of criminals.

Attending the gymkhana with the FFO and Inspector Jenks in "Invisible Thief" or (like Snubby) sneaking out to spend the night in the old mansion in "Rockingdown Mystery".
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Sneaking out to spend the night in the old mansion in The Rockingdown Mystery. It would be an enjoyably spooky experience.

Sneaking out to spend the night in the old mansion in The Rockingdown Mystery or exploring a long underground passage without knowing what awaits you or where it might lead?
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

I'll take the underground passage. Those always lead to somewhere exciting in Enid Blyton stories, whereas the old mansion in The Rockingdown Mystery gives me the creeps a bit and I've always found the mystery in that book rather disappointing.

Exploring a long underground passage without knowing what awaits you or where it might lead, or being caught in a storm at sea on Andy's boat with him and the rest of the Adventurous Four?
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

I'd rather be on land than caught in a storm at sea, so I'll choose the underground passage.

Exploring a long underground passage without knowing what awaits you or where it might lead, or setting off to Raylingham Marshes to search for the 'Vanished Prince'?
Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

The idea of exploring an underground passage and not knowing what awaits me does not really appeal to me so I will opt for setting off to Raylingham Marshes with the FFOs to search for the Vanished Prince!

Setting off to Raylingham Marshes to search for the Vanished Prince with the FFO OR being on the bus to Sheepsale with the FFO in an attempt to identify the writer of the Spiteful Letters?
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

I'm too old to be traipsing around marshes in the cold so I'll take the bus trip.

The bus to Sheepsale in Spiteful Letters or be a fly on the wall at a Secret Seven meeting?
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

The bus trip to Sheepsale please, as I'm not particularly keen on the Secret Seven!

Being on the bus to Sheepsale with the FFO in an attempt to identify the writer of the Spiteful Letters or attending the Barnies show at Tremannion Farm with the FF??
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

As much as I'd enjoy Clopper's antics, I'd prefer to be with the FFO on the bus journey to Sheepsale and then spend a pleasant time there at the market.

Being on the bus to Sheepsale with the FFO (Spiteful Letters) or looking out for Fatty in his Balloon woman disguise in Missing Necklace?
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

I set this one, but I'll go for looking out for Fatty in his Balloon woman disguise. Just because it would be fun thing to do (and because the other, understandably, had been opted for a few times!)

Looking out for Fatty when he's in his Balloon woman disguise (Missing Necklace) or dressing up as Princess Bongawee and the others (Vanished Prince)?
Society Member
Barnard
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers Series and Adventure Series.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Barnard »

I’ll go for dressing up in the Vanished Prince.
It may not have been the best book but it was hilarious.

Dressing up in the Vanished Prince or finding the old couple living in the cave in the Valley of Adventure.
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

Much as I would enjoy being with the FFO and Ern, Sid and Perce I would much prefer to find the old couple living in the cave in the Valley of Adventure.

Finding the old couple living in the cave in the Valley of Adventure or finding the treasure at the end of the River of Adventure?
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

There's treasure at both venues, so I'll opt for finding the old couple in the caves in Valley of Adventure as I'm really not fond of much to do with River of Adventure to be honest.

Finding the old couple living in the cave in the Valley of Adventure or practising invisible letter writing and getting out of a locked room in The Mystery of the Secret Room?
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Finding the old couple living in the cave in the Valley of Adventure. Their story is moving and has haunted me ever since I first read the book.

Finding the old couple living in the cave in the Valley of Adventure or finding a colony of Great Auks on the Isle of Gloom?
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

It is very difficult to find something that surpasses finding the old couple living in the cave in the Valley of Adventure, so at the risk of being repetitive I'll opt for that.

Finding the old couple living in the cave in the Valley of Adventure or Accompanying the FFO to the waxworks in The Mystery of the Missing Necklace?
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

Definitely the Waxworks - pretty much anything FFO and Peterswood related. :D

Accompanying the FFO to the waxworks in The Mystery of the Missing Necklace or sitting at night with Snubby and Loony in the grounds of Marloes Castle (Rilloby Fair)?
Society Member