Which do you prefer?

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Which do you prefer?

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

A visit to the Waxworks Hall with the Find-Outers because I love the characters and I'd enjoy seeing the wax figures, especially Napoleon and the policeman!

A visit with the Find-Outers to the Waxworks Hall or to Banshee Towers?
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

Banshee Towers as I prefer paintings to waxworks and because Ern and Bingo would be part of the group!!!

A visit to Banshee Towers with the Five Find-Outers (plus Ern and Bingo) or to Whispering Island with the FF and Wilfrid ?
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

A visit to Banshee Towers with the Five Find-Outers (plus Ern and Bingo) because the characters are so much fun. Whispering Island strikes me as bland compared to Kirrin Island, and I much prefer the Find-Outers to the Famous Five anyway.

A visit to Banshee Towers with the Five Find-Outers (plus Ern and Bingo) or a visit to Green Meadows to see all the animals (and Francis, Clare and Sam, of course)?
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

As I am such a great admirer of the Five Find-Outers and especially Ern I would prefer to visit Banshee Towers with them rather than paying a visit to Green Meadows!

A visit to Banshee Towers with the Five Find-Outers (plus Ern and Bingo) or a night in Ern's tree house overlooking Tally Ho Cottage?
Society Member
Bertie
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers, Famous Five.
Favourite character: Fatty & Buster, George & Timmy.

Post by Bertie »

I quite like Sea paintings, but I'm put off the option by how little I enjoy the final book. So I'll opt for a night in Ern's tree house - provided Liz and Glad aren't about!

A night in Ern's tree house overlooking Tally Ho Cottage or a night in the cave with the FF in Five Run Away Together?
Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

Another difficult one, but I like the idea of a night in Ern's tree house (without Liz and Glad of course!).

A night in Ern's tree house overlooking Tally Ho Cottage OR a night in Tinker's lighthouse (Five Go to Demon's Rocks)?
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Tinker's lighthouse definitely. Very exciting; and probably a lot more comfortable. :lol:

A night in Tinker's lighthouse or a lesson in Dame Slap's school? :lol:
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Barnard
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers Series and Adventure Series.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Barnard »

I would go for a night in Tinker’s lighthouse. I have always wanted to stay in a lighthouse or a windmill.

A night in Tinker’s lighthouse or disguising for a day with Fatty and annoying Goon.
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

I really like lighthouses and windmills as well, Barnard. :D
Although, in this instance, the opportunity to disguise myself along with Fatty and taunt Goon is too much to pass up so I'll go for that.

Disguising for a day with Fatty and annoying Goon or a trip out to the Rubadub whirlpool?
Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

Rubadub whirlpool, as it is very dramatic and also because at times I almost felt sorry for Mr. Goon as although he can be quite nasty I thought some of his treatment at the hands of the Five Find-Outers was a bit over the top!!!

A trip to the Rubadub whirlpool (Barney/R Mysteries) or a night in Ring O'Bells Hall with Barney and Miranda?
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

I'd choose Ring O' Bells Hall. I love the sound of the village, and I love the smell, feel, look, etc, of old furniture and Halls like Ring O' Bells, so having a free run of the place would be great.

A night in Ring O'Bells Hall with Barney and Miranda or a night at Smugglers Top with the FF?
Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

I think I would prefer a night at Smuggler's Top with the Famous Five, as the idea of being locked into Ring O' Bells Hall overnight does not really appeal to me, especially if Miranda started jumping from bell to bell and making them ring!

A night at Smuggler's Top with the FF or a day hay making with the Longfields at Mistletoe farm (The Six Cousins)?
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

I'm much more of a sleeper / thinker than a doer, so I'd opt for a night at Smugglers Top rather than a day working hard on the farm (though I'd probably opt for a day just lazily 'enjoying' the farm and all the animals!)

A night at Smuggler's Top with the FF or a day camping on Billycock Hill and visiting Billycock Farm (also with the FF)?
Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

Although a night at Smuggler's Top is a bit too short to soak in the amazing atmosphere of the old town in the middle of a marsh I prefer it to a day camping on Billycock Hill, mainly because of the absence of Benny and his pet Curly!

A night at Smuggler's Top with the Famous Five or a week with Jack, Lucy-Ann, Philip, Dinah and Kiki at Craggy Tops?
Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Definitely Craggy Tops with the Adventure crew!! :D :D :D

A week at Craggy Tops or a week camping in the Valley of Adventure — in either case, with Jack, Lucy-Ann, Philip, Dinah and Kiki?
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)