Which do you prefer?

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Which do you prefer?

Post by Lucky Star »

The waxworks for me. Sounds great and, like Bertie, any visit to Petrswood is to be welcomed.

The waxworks with the FFO or a boat trip on Gloomy Water with the FF?
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Bertie
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers, Famous Five.
Favourite character: Fatty & Buster, George & Timmy.

Post by Bertie »

Definitely still the waxworks and Peterswood with the FFO for me. Even more so as I'm particularly not fond of Five on a Hike Together and the sound of Gloomy Water.

The waxworks with the FFO or a visit to Smugglers Top with the FF?
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

I'll answer my own and then set a new one. I'd opt for Smugglers Top, just because it sounds 'atmospheric' and fascinating to explore.

A visit to Smugglers Top with the FF or staying at Rat-a-Tat house in the Barney R's?
Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

Difficult, as while I would prefer to be with Barney, Snubby and Co., Smuggler's Top sounds far more exciting and atmospheric than Rat-a-Tat house, so on reflection I will opt for Smuggler's Top (and endure Julian).

A visit to Smuggler's Top with the FF or staying at Ring O'Bells Village with Barney, Snubby and Co.???
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

I love the exciting feel of Smugglers Top, but I always prefer the idea of quaint, sleepy villages like Ring O' Bells so I'll definitely opt for that.

Staying at Ring O'Bells Village with Barney, Snubby, etc or going to the riding school with the FF in Mystery Moor?
Society Member
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

Although I would normally opt for going to a riding school Ring O'Bells village is so enchanting that I would definitely prefer it and if I recall correctly the children also went riding at a stables there, which would make it even more ideal for me!!!

Staying at Ring O' Bells village with Barney, Snubby, etc or visiting Banshee Towers with the Five find-outers plus Ern and Bingo?
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

As much as I love the FFO, and quite like paintings, I really love the sound of quaint villages like Ring O 'Bells so much and I'll definitely stick with that!

Staying at Ring O' Bells village with Barney, Snubby, etc or spending the week with the Twiddle's and seeing what Mr Twiddle gets up to?
Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Ring O'Bells village, definitely. It sounds almost magical, whereas I've never really enjoyed the Mr Twiddle stories.

Staying in Ring O'Bells village with Barney, Snubby etc. or exploring the Valley of Adventure with Philip, Dinah, Jack and Lucy-Ann?
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Boodi 2

Post by Boodi 2 »

Definitely Ring O'Bells village, which sounds really quaint and enchanting.

Staying in Ring O'Bells village with Barney, Roger, Diana, Snubby plus Looney and Miranda or at Smugglers' Top with the FF, the Lenoirs and Block?
Society Member
Bertie

Post by Bertie »

As exciting as Smugglers Top sounds, I'd still go with the quaint and lovely sounding Ring O'Bells village.

Staying at Ring O' Bells village with Barney, Snubby, etc or staying on Kirrin Island with the FF?
Society Member