book search

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
bilgewaters
Favourite book/series: Secret Room/Hidden House.
Favourite character: got to be Bets

book search

Post by bilgewaters »

I'm trying to find a childrens detective book I read in school,it was called " Tom..?.. First Case" I can't rmember the whole title.can anyone help.Hope so.many thanks.
When I'm grown up I won't forget the things I think today.
Kitty
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers/Malory Towers
Favourite character: Alicia, Fatty, Gwendoline

Re: book search

Post by Kitty »

Can you describe the plot at all - or whether it was set in Europe or America, whether Tom was an adult or child, that sort of thing? Or a rough date? Was it a paperback or hardback, roughly how long? The only Toms I can think of off the top of my head are Tom Swift (not a detective) and Tom Quest (who at least was a sort of crime fighter!), but I don't really think either are what you are after, since the titles don't match :?: :?
Gwendoline lay down, angry. She determined to make herself miserable and cry.
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

There is also Tom Merry who featured in a number of books written by the Billy Bunter author, Frank Richards, mostly written under another of his pseudonyms, Martin Clifford. Tom Merry certainly did a fair bit of detective work, but there is no such title as 'Tom Merry's First Case'!
bilgewaters
Favourite book/series: Secret Room/Hidden House.
Favourite character: got to be Bets

Post by bilgewaters »

It was a hardback from about middle fifties i think, it was set in England, I can't remember the plot at all now although I remember him(Tom) smoking! he was a young man just left school and it was his first job.The cover showed Tom standing sideways looking into a room secretly.I keep getting flashes of the book maybe I'll remember more one day!.thanks for your help anyway.
When I'm grown up I won't forget the things I think today.