Alfred Hitchcock

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Muminah
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers & Dog Series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Jack Trent & Darrel.

Alfred Hitchcock

Post by Muminah »

Hi! Other than Enid Blyton's Books I enjoy reading Alfred Hitchcock's Books too.
I think that he has a fascinating way of writing. He brings out the scene and action really well. At times I get a chill running down my Spine while reading the Horror parts.
The Three Investigators Series is my Favourite. :)
"How funny grown-ups are!"said Anne, puzzled."I'm quite certain I shall be thrilled to see a sliding panel or a trap-door even when I'm a hundred".
RDMorrell
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Secret Seven, Adventure
Favourite character: Anne

Re: Alfred Hitchcock

Post by RDMorrell »

Alfred Hitchcock never actually wrote the Three Investigators books. He didn't even write the introductions that were in his name. They were written by Robert Arthur, the creator of the T3I books, as well as the authors who took up the series after Arthur died. So much of the credit for Hitchcock's "fascinating way of writing" should actually go to Robert Arthur, who was a very fine writer of mystery and suspense indeed. :)

I think Arthur also had a hand in a number of other compilations purportedly by Hitchcock. I'm sure Hitchcock must have given his permission for his name to be used in these books, but little if any of it was actually done by him.
Best Regards

ROWAN M.

A room without books is like a body without a soul - Cicero
Muminah

Post by Muminah »

What a surprise! :shock: I never knew that! :( :oops:

Thanks a lot for letting me know! I have a lot of Alfred Hitchcock's Books and all these days I have been thinking that they were his own work!! :|
Anyway now I know! :) All credit to ROBERT ARTHUR
"How funny grown-ups are!"said Anne, puzzled."I'm quite certain I shall be thrilled to see a sliding panel or a trap-door even when I'm a hundred".
Jeffery Greyling
Favourite book/series: Secret Mountain, V. of Adventure, FF and Barney M.

Post by Jeffery Greyling »

I probably sound totally ignorant here, but I was under the impression that Alfred Hitchcock was a director of films, such as the 39 Steps (1935)? :? :shock:
"I gave half a crown to a beggar because I saw him yawn; he was a fellow-sufferer."
(The Thirty-nine Steps)
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

He was, and is widely acknowledged as the master of suspense. His most famous films are Psycho and The Birds. If you want to know more about this great film director, just Google his name!

Society Member
Jeffery Greyling
Favourite book/series: Secret Mountain, V. of Adventure, FF and Barney M.

Post by Jeffery Greyling »

I've only seen the 39 Steps, but people on this forum seem to be saying he was an author.
"I gave half a crown to a beggar because I saw him yawn; he was a fellow-sufferer."
(The Thirty-nine Steps)
Muminah

Post by Muminah »

Well John,the three investigaters book's cover has his name printed on it,So I thought that he was the author. :?
I'd better search on this. 8) The last pages of the story usually is about the 3 Investigaters giving the famous Director- Alfred hitchcock their case report. And it is he who makes it into a film.

Better check this out! :wink:
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

If Robert Arthur wrote all his books then why on earth did Alfred Hitchcock get the credit? Did Robert Arthur just use a well-known pseudonym for publicity, with permission from Hitchcock?

Society Member
Muminah

Post by Muminah »

I never thought that this Topic would be so serious! :shock: :D

Well, it's better to know the truth. So if anyone knows anything about Alfred Hitchcock, Please do share it with us. :wink: And help us solve the muddle of the Author-Director. :lol:
I'll try my best to find something about him. :) 8)
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

You'll find lots of information about Alfred Hitchcock on the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Hitchcock" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Muminah

Post by Muminah »

Thank You very much Eddie! :D This is exactly what we needed. Hope the others would find this useful. :wink: