Shiva's Pearls by Harriet Graham/Jackanory 1970s

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Belly

Shiva's Pearls by Harriet Graham/Jackanory 1970s

Post by Belly »

Has anyone read the very good Shiva's Pearls by Harriet Graham? Some great description and a thrilling adventure :D . Has anyone read anything else by Harriet Graham? Seems she has written quite a bit. If so what would you recommend? This is a book which seems to have been ignored and forgotten.

There were a few good stories, including this one, read on Jackanory in the 1970s. I also remember Arabel's Raven by Joan Aitken (I have a copy of this and a couple of other stories which I am reading to my elder daughter, we are both loving them)! Where there any other good Children's stories serialised on Jackanory? I remember 'The Church Mouse' also (another classic).

BB's Brendon Chase was made into a TV series as we've discussed on here before, I actually think it's a great book and would make a good film too.
jstevens1

Re: Shiva's Pearls by Harriet Graham/Jackanory 1970s

Post by jstevens1 »

Hi

Yes, I do remember Shiva's pearls. I did not see it read on Jackanory but I have read that book many years ago. Although Ottalie Temple was very spoilt I do not think that she deserved to be bullied by that horrible Hendrika whose worst act of spite was to rip up Ottalie's dead father's photograph. Thank heaven Mrs Crighton got her out of that orphanage and things turned out well for her eventually.

Cheers

jstevens1