Famous Five adaptation panto

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Ice_Gemz
Favourite book/series: The Folk of The Faraway Tree

Famous Five adaptation panto

Post by Ice_Gemz »

Hi all,

While at the theatre in Ipswich this week I stumbled across a flyer for an interesting sounding famous five adaptation in panto-
https://easternangles.co.uk/event/the-f ... ord-forest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks pretty tongue in cheek, so not a true representation of the FF we hold dear to our hearts, but it might be if interest to some, particularly those who have children who are also keen EB readers. There are performances in Peterborough, Woodbridge and Ipswich.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Famous Five adaptation panto

Post by Courtenay »

That's good to know, Ice Gemz — it'd be interesting to find out what it's like. As a Famous Five send-up, it could be anything from hilariously funny to absolutely awful, but it's the sort of thing that could definitely work if done cleverly. (I'm thinking of the infamous "Famous Five for Grown-ups" books, which were potentially a great premise, but all the ones I looked at were incredibly poorly written and not even mildly funny. I would hope this panto is at least better than those...)
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Katharine

Re: Famous Five adaptation panto

Post by Katharine »

Sounds interesting. I think I shall try and get to one of the Seckford performances. :D
Society Member