Famous Five Club

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Susan Webster

Re: Famous Five Club

Post by Susan Webster »

hi ,love him ! theres more snow on the way for him! have fun,
Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Thanks, Sue! Hope you have plenty of fun as well. :D 8)
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

hi , must admit i dont like the snow , i cant get out , the little community bus that runs by me isnt running today or tomorrow. its boring being at home on my own without seeing anyone . just watching mary queen of scots on telly .
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

It's not nice being on your own, Sue. However, the weather is supposed to be turning a bit milder from Sunday onwards, so hopefully the snow will quickly melt & you'll be out & about again! :D
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

hi thanks for your reply , yes i hope the snow soon goes . its snowing a blizzard here now .
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

We've had snow flurries & blizzards here in the East Midlands for the last 3 days, Sue! It's been bitterly cold with an horrible biting wind. Hopefully, next week will be milder! :|
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

hi guys , not been on for a while . how is everyone . i`m not too bad but my uni courese fell through as i could not read music or play an instrument . i liked the other parts of the course eg the choir. now am at walsall college doing english level 2 and its good fun . haven done much over the last few months but did sing in the churches together tent ant the national eisteddfod in cardiff in august ,. i`m stii going to cardiff to the royal welsh college of music and drama for my singing lessons and am singing 3 welsh songs at the end of term concert on dec 1.
on sunday i was involved with our choral society in a big concert celebrating the end of the first world war 100 years ago . there were choirs from over the midlands and from france and germany . we did faure`s requiem and beethoven`s 9th symphony with the choral at the end , , it was great , cheers sue
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Hi Sue! It's a shame that you couldn't finish your Uni course, but at least you're making up for it by doing your level 2 in English. What a great experience it must have been singing at the Eisteddfod in Cardiff, & what an honour to be singing in a concert to commemerate 100 years since the end of WW1. Well done! :D
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

That does sound like a wonderful concert, Sue — how fantastic that you got to sing in Beethoven's 9th Symphony! :D Good to see you back again.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Sounds like you are achieving a great deal Sue even if your course unfortunately fell through. It must have been a great honour to sing at the concert commemorating the end of World War One.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

Hi. Yes it was a great concert and I will be keeping my programme as a memento. It's good to be back in the Ff club. Just found my badge with my SS Badge. Cheers Sue
Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Here's a Famous Five Quiz just for you Sue!
I could only manage 9/10 :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz120411dcafb0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

Hi just done the Ff quiz and got 9 out of 10.sue
Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

I managed 10/10 this time... I was a bit dubious about one answer though - but guessed correctly.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

I got 9/10 and I haven't read any of the books for about 25 years! :wink: (But I've had plenty of reminders for some of them from reading discussions here, so I can't say it's all down to remembering well...)
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)