Audio Tape of the Books

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Minerva

Re: Audio Tape of the Books

Post by Minerva »

Dear Paul,

I'll do my best to upload these to Mediafire for you.
It may take a while!!
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Hi Guys!

I've managed to upload the 1983 Tempo dramatisation of The Valley of Adventure, especially for those who prefer their mysteries to come with life-like sound effects (like the thunderous waterfall, for example).

It's free of glitches, unlike the current digital version going around on the Internet.

Links removed
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Paul237 wrote:[It's good to see the Famous Five audiobooks here. However, as Megaupload has sadly been shut down, I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to upload the above books to the Mediafire website that still works. I appreciate it's a big ask, though!

Were all the books read by Jan Francis at some point? I have copies that mostly have her narrating, but others such as Sarah Greene lent their voices to some of the other books. I wondered if those were re-recordings and Jan actually did the whole set. I personally think Jan is the best of the readers. Her voices are great (even if a lot of the adult males sound like Uncle Quentin!) and she puts such feeling into the narration. :)
Well here are the links for 'Five Go Down to the Sea':

Sorry but in view of recent publicity I have removed the links.
jaygon
Favourite book/series: Happy Adventure Tales
Favourite character: Noddy

Post by jaygon »

Im still searching for The Pickwick International Ditto series Enid Blyton cassettes. Has anybody managed to digitise these recordings?
Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Paul237 wrote:It's good to see the Famous Five audiobooks here. However, as Megaupload has sadly been shut down, I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to upload the above books to the Mediafire website that still works.
In view of the publishers' current 'witch-hunt' (which I support in part - although it probably means prices will increase significantly due to publishers' getting their monopoly back!) it is somewhat fraught so far as downloading Enid Blyton from 'unofficial' sites is concerned. However, you should be able to track down all the F.F. audiobooks by going to Audible, etc. One site that I recommend (as its prices are quite reasonable) is:

http://www.legalsounds.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have a wide range of Children's audios, including Blyton.

P.S. It is hoped that the "Inquisition" will lead to publishers getting off their posteriors and releasing a few more of the Adventure series audios (among others), rather than just sitting on the copyright indefinitely!!!
But I'm not holding my breath.
Nick Capaldi
Favourite book/series: Famous Five 70s TV Series
Favourite character: George

Post by Nick Capaldi »

I'm one cassette away from completing the Rainbow Theatre Collection. The O'Sullivan Twins is proving extremley hard to find. Does anyone have this one? Thanks and wishing everyone a cool weekend
http://www.nickcapaldi.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

I shall have a look - didn't think so but it is sounding familiar...
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
JustMatt

Post by JustMatt »

Does anyone know the piece of music used in the audio book The valley of adventure?
Five79

Post by Five79 »

I am brand new to these boards and I am probably about to contravene all sorts of rules by asking the following question. But here goes.

I had lots of audio tapes of The Famous Five during the 80's and 90's, which in my opinion were brilliant adaptations of the books, due the great voices involved and the atmospheres created. Two particular examples are of Sarah Green reading Finniston Farm. And the night time sequences of Five Go Adventuring Again.

I have read on her that in the past people have added links to the boards for these recordings but I get the impression that they have been removed, either due to the board rules or just general copyright pressure.

Here is my question. Does anyone have these recordings in mp3 format or on CD? I would love to have them again for my children. As i just don't fell the modern versions are a patch on the versions I had.

Apologies if I am breaking rules etc and totally understand if this post gets removed. But I just really want these recordings. How I wish I had never thrown those tapes away all those years ago!!
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Dear Five79,

Yes, like you I am very sad that so much of the Blyton output is no longer available AS IT ONCE WAS.
You may be able to pick up some of the titles you mention by going to Ebay (etc). The saddest thing (in my view) is that neither the original tapes will be converted to CD or mp3 format, nor will the original hardcover books (in facsimile form) return to bookshop shelves.

The 'Blyton Experience', as we knew it, may be gone for ever
Five79

Post by Five79 »

Dear Minerva

I think you may be right about our experience being lost forever. However I am sure there has to be someone out there that has the entire collection on tape. All it takes is for them to convert to mp3, which these days is SO easy, and I would happily pay for a copy!

I guess the search continues.
dreamland

Post by dreamland »

Hello all.

I've been reading this thread with interest as a keen listener of Enid Blyton audiobooks.

I just wondered if anyone knows if there are Jan Francis audiobooks for the final two Famous Five stories. I've got the other 19 by her and think she's a fantastic narrator. These last two audiobooks seem to elude me though.

Many thanks.
~dreamland~
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

These ones? http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/audi ... dderfivetv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if so, yes, there are all 21.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
MisterWu

Post by MisterWu »

You linked to the ones by Hodder Children's Audios, but these aren't readings, they're dramatisations.

I think dreamland thinks about the complete & unabridged audiobooks published by Chivers Children's Audio Books. I don't think all of them were read by Jan Francis (only 01-17 & 19). If I'm not wrong, no. 18 ("Finniston Farm") was read by Sarah Greene and no. 20+21 ("Have A Mystery To Solve" + "Are Together Again") by Ann Beach.

It's also possible that there are two different editions of no. 18, one read by Jan Francis, the other one read by Sarah Greene. I saw it with two different covers (pay attention to the "read by ..." note on both covers):
Image Image

But I only know the edition read by Sarah Greene.
dreamland

Post by dreamland »

Yes you are correct MisterWu I was referring to the Chivers series.

I have no.18 on tape and CD and both by Sarah Greene.

I'm now even more confused! There seem to be tape covers for 18/20 that suggest Jan Francis editions do exist. But if I look on the jan-francis.com website they're not listed.

I guess I'll carry on searching.....

~dreamland~