Audio Tape of the Books

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Minerva

Re: Audio Tape of the Books

Post by Minerva »

jaygon wrote:We should really pool all of our resources together and digitise as many of the 1980's audio cassettes as possible as they are becoming more and more rare.

It seems a shame that this wonderful audio should not be shared by all!

Here's another from the 'Adventure' series:

Links removed

[The Circus of Adventure]
MisterWu

Post by MisterWu »

Thank you very much for "The Circus Of Adventure", Minerva!!
I think this is the one you posted.
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

MisterWu wrote:I think this is the one you posted.
I bought it off Ebay, it's part of a combo: The Circus of Adventure/The Mountain of Adventure. Released by HarperCollins 1994, with Elizabeth Lindsay reading ''Circus'' and Roger Blake & Elizabeth Lindsay for ''Mountain''. They also do The Ship of Adventure (which was uploaded previously)

The Mountain of Adventure is the same as the version posted elsewhere in this forum, however is less ''scratchy''!
MisterWu

Post by MisterWu »

Thank you for the info, Minerva! :wink: If there's a catalog# on the combo I'd be glad if you could post it.

Because the intro theme sounded familiar to me I had compared it to other recordings of Enid Blyton audio books/dramas I have. And since it was the same theme that was used for "The Mystery Of The Burnt Cottage" & "The Mystery Of The Strange Messages" (both uploaded here by Matthew Roberts), I thought "The Circus of Adventure" might have been released by the same publisher (World Wide Audio).
Nevertheless I think many EB audio books/dramas were released by several different publishers, f.i. "The Ship Of Adventure" (read by Roger Blake and Elizabeth Lindsay) was published by World Wide Audio as well as by HarperCollins Audio.

Btw: Unfortunately the previously uploaded recording of "The Ship Of Adventure" (read by Roger Blake and Elizabet Lindsay) is incomplete; it's interrupted after about 50 (of 69) minutes.
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Minerva wrote:
George@Kirrin wrote:There were 4 Famous 5 stories on Vinyl and several secret 7. All were also produced as tapes at the same time
Thanks George.

How do the readings on vinyl compare with later versions, in terms of creative presentation?
Trying to think... Personally I dislike the modern versions as the kids sound about 7 and Timmy sounds like a small yappy type dog... The earlier ones are my second fave after the rainbow tapes...
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

MisterWu wrote:...Btw: Unfortunately the previously uploaded recording of "The Ship Of Adventure" (read by Roger Blake and Elizabet Lindsay) is incomplete; it's interrupted after about 50 (of 69) minutes.
This upload should solve the problem:

Link removed
MisterWu

Post by MisterWu »

Absolutely great! Thanks a million for the complete recording, Minerva! I sent you a PM.
Janet1

Post by Janet1 »

Hello,
I've just joined the forem and have a few audio books I'd like to contribute.
First are 5 Secret Seven books. They are:
The Secret Seven
Secret Seven Adventure
Secret Seven On The Trail
Secret Seven Win Through
and
Secret Seven Mystery
Unfortunately the link expires after a week, so if anyone would like me to post them after that then just let me know.
Enjoy.
Janet1
Janet1

Post by Janet1 »

Hello,
Here's another audio book from my collection. As with the previous post, the link expires after a week, so if anyone would like me to repost books after that just let me know.
Janet1
The Adventurous Four.
Janet1

Post by Janet1 »

Hey everyone,
Here's an unabridged recording of The Mystery of The Secret Room.
Enjoy.
Janet1
Janet1

Post by Janet1 »

I was wondering if anyone has these Secret Seven audio books read by Sarah Greene?
2.Secret Seven Adventure

3.Well Done Secret Seven

4.Secret Seven on the Trail

8.Three Cheers Secret Seven

14 Look Out Secret Seven
I've got unabridged recordings of the following from the Adventure Series read and recorded by my mum if anyone would like them?
In order they are:
The Mountain of Adventure
The Ship of Adventure
The Circus of Adventure
&
The River of Adventure.
She's also read The Mystery of The Vanished Prince.
Let me know if you're interested and I'll work on recording them to the computer.
Janet1
jaygon
Favourite book/series: Happy Adventure Tales
Favourite character: Noddy

Post by jaygon »

Does anybody have mp3 rips of any of the Ditto twin pack series/Pickwick International cassettes from the 1980s?

J
Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.
Paul237

Post by Paul237 »

It's good to see the Famous Five audiobooks here. However, as Megaupload has sadly been shut down, I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to upload the above books to the Mediafire website that still works. I appreciate it's a big ask, though!

Were all the books read by Jan Francis at some point? I have copies that mostly have her narrating, but others such as Sarah Greene lent their voices to some of the other books. I wondered if those were re-recordings and Jan actually did the whole set. I personally think Jan is the best of the readers. Her voices are great (even if a lot of the adult males sound like Uncle Quentin!) and she puts such feeling into the narration. :)
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Welcome, Paul 237. You can find out about the various audio recordings of Enid Blyton's books in the Cave, here:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/audio-section.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Paul237

Post by Paul237 »

Thanks Anita. It's good to read about them and interesting that they were released out of order.