Pints for Publications - Books wanted 4 new Enid Blyton Room

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
redlionweb
Favourite book/series: Noddy
Favourite character: Noddy

Pints for Publications - Books wanted 4 new Enid Blyton Room

Post by redlionweb »

Following suggestions from other society members on this forum, we went ahead and created a new Enid Blyton room in our pub, The Red Lion in Knotty Green, Beaconsfield - just opposite where Green Hedges used to be.
It looks fantastic, with prints from Enid Blyton stories on the walls, some information on Enid Blyton and her living in Beaconsfield along with shelves with her books on for customers to browse before their meal or while having a drink.
The reaction to the room has been amazing with customers remarking what a wonderful idea it is (thank you to Green Hedges and others on this site for the suggestion).
Thank you too to everyone so far who has sent us unwanted, Enid Blyton books to help fill the shelves. We'ver received about twenty in the post from Society members and any more would be very much appreciated so that we can, at last, have a vibrant way of celebrating Enid Blyton as Beaconsfield's most famous ever resident. And for anyone who does donate books, I promise to buy you a drink or three when you come along to see the new room.
If you do have any books, please send them to: The Red Lion, Penn Road, Knotty Green, Beaconsfield, HP9 2TN.
Thank you everyone!
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Pints for Publications - Books wanted 4 new Enid Blyton Room

Post by Lucky Star »

It sounds great. I'll drop in for a beer next time I'm up that way. Do post a photo of it when its ready if possible. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member