Wanted: Enid Blyton prints, illustrations and photographs

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Re: Wanted: Enid Blyton prints, illustrations and photographs

Post by Ming »

redlionweb wrote:Ming - I can't find any details on this site as to where we can buy prints and photos???
What I really meant was, there are lots of pictures of bookcovers, illustrations, reviews etc. on the book listing. The members only section contains lots of photographs. You could, I guess, print them out. There are also links to booksellers in "Fan Sites".

Society Member
Green Hedges

Post by Green Hedges »

Glad you like the idea of a wall of books.

As it's such a good cause - an Enid Blyton library almost, though not exactly a childrens library - perhaps we adult members of the EBS would be willing to send you packets of books. Surely many of us have paperbacks that have been superceded by nicer copies and so are just taking up space. I for one would be glad to send down such a package. I know it would cost a few pounds in postage, but I think it would be worth it.

Something like that would have to be set up semi formally, otherwise you'd just get a few books from a few people. Perhaps you need a new thread: CALL FOR UNWANTED ENID BLYTON BOOKS. ALL IN A PUBLIC HOUSE CAUSE. Maybe get people to respond by simply saying they've sent a package. Maybe the resultant list of names could be incorporated within the wall of books in some way.

Perhaps other people will have thoughts about this...
redlionweb
Favourite book/series: Noddy
Favourite character: Noddy

Post by redlionweb »

Another great idea Green Hedges, thank you! I will post a new thread now.

For the record, the new 'Enid Blyton Room' will be housed at The Red Lion, Penn Road, Knotty Green, Beaconsfield, Bucks, HP9 2TN. Tel: 01494 680888. Web: http://www.redlionweb.com" target="_blank.

One more thing, in order to get "instant access" to the photos on this site (as was suggested earlier in this thread) I paid my subscription (via PayPal) but have yet to receive any email with the password. Do I have to wait for the journal to arrive in the post? Or could someone please email me the password privately - info@redlionweb.com" target="_blank" ? I am honest, honest! I want to access the photos so that, if suitable, I can get some framed in time for the pub's reopening on November 12.
redlionweb
Favourite book/series: Noddy
Favourite character: Noddy

Post by redlionweb »

Thanks for your help Ming.