Which Enid Blyton Character are you?

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Re: Which Enid Blyton Character are you?

Post by sixret »

Congratulations! The results are clear:

You are ELIZABETH FARRELL from House-at-the-Corner. Imaginative and creative, you love to invent imaginary worlds and probably enjoy reading and writing, or art and craft. Although family life is important to you, you also appreciate having time alone with your thoughts. You are a deep person, keeping many of your thoughts and feelings to yourself, and sometimes people feel that it is difficult to get to know you intimately. Try to have more confidence in yourself and let your pleasant personality show.

Recommended reading: The Story of My Life
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Moonraker wrote:
Anita Bensoussane wrote: Jack Trent sounds just right for someone who has a puffin as an avatar! And of course, puffins belong to the auk family.
Yes, a good connection. This makes me wonder if we could all have a mirror-image character in Enid's huge cast.
Now there's an interesting thought. Do we already have a thread for "Which Blyton character do you think you most resemble?" or "Which Blyton character would you most like to be?" :D
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I don't think we have a dedicated thread so we could start one - though that question was asked as part of a very interesting questionnaire:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/foru ... +ann+fatty" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's also a thread on "Who's your favourite Enid Blyton character?":

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/foru ... cter#p7543" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Timmy The Dog
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five & The Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Timmy, Sooty, Snubby

Post by Timmy The Dog »

You are ANNE KIRRIN of the Famous Five. Gentle, friendly and family-oriented, you prefer to lead a quiet life and don't find any thrill at all in danger. More outgoing people might at first dismiss you as timid, but once they get to know you they will realise that you are brave deep down and capable of displaying great courage when required. Don't be afraid to voice your opinion and make yourself heard!
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Do you think that result suits you, Timmy, or is it a bit of a mismatch? :wink:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Well I don't know what Enid Blyton character I am, but my daughter was Amelia Jane on Thursday. It was Book Week at school this week, and one day they could all dress up as their favourite character. She immediately chose Amelia Jane. I'm not sure if anyone else in the school knew who she was, but she was happy with her outfit. That's the second time she's chosen an Enid Blyton character. A couple of years ago she went as Bumpy Dog.

As well as dressing up, they all had to write a review of their favourite book, and read a bit out in class. She chose Bimbo and Topsy. :D :D
Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Only just took the character quiz! My character is Jack Trent. Going by the description at the end of the quiz, I'd say that was about right! :D
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

It's a tie! You might want to check your answers again and see if there are any answers you can adjust; the slightest amendment might define you one way or the other. At the moment the results are split:

You are JACK TRENT of the Adventure series. Brave, independent and a bit of a dreamer, you hunger for adventure and love a challenge. You don't mind roughing it and would be happy to go travelling in remote regions, enjoying nature and wildlife. Follow your heart by all means, but weigh things up carefully before putting yourself — and perhaps others too — in unnecessary danger.

Recommended reading: The Adventurous Four

You are ALICIA JOHNS of the Malory Towers series. Bright and quick-witted, things come to you easily and you enjoy life to the full. You are brimming over with enthusiasm and ideas and you have a daredevil streak, which makes life fun for those around you. You don't always work as hard as you could but you still manage to achieve good results, and an element of competition will always spur you on to do your best. Impatience is your downfall — you are so quick yourself that you easily become irritated with those who are slower. Try to bite your tongue and give people more of a chance!

Recommended reading: Fifth Formers of St. Clare's

Quite happy with my results as I love both of em!
You can call me Sunskriti!
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

It's great that people are still doing the quiz - I like hearing people's results! :D
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
jubei
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney 'R' Mystery
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by jubei »

You are LOTTA of the Galliano's Circus books. Hasty and impulsive, you tend to leap before you look, landing yourself in frequent scrapes. You have a fiery side to your nature and can be hot-tempered, but you're quick to apologise when you know you're in the wrong. One of your strengths is your talent as a performer or entertainer. You are also courageous and loving, and will do anything for your friends.

Recommended reading: The Circus of Adventure

What?? I can't even remember this character...lol. I think I need to redo it.
reread 2015 - Barney Series ,The Secret of Killimooin
reread Feb 2023 - The Rilloby Fair Mystery
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

jubei wrote: What?? I can't even remember this character...lol. I think I need to redo it.
Lotta is my favourite Enid Blyton character, Jubei! :wink: If you haven't read the Galliano's Circus books, I'm sure you'd like them. I don't think they have been published in languages other than English, but they aren't difficult to read. The three titles are Mr Galliano's Circus, Hurrah for the Circus! and Circus Days Again.
Society Member

jubei
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney 'R' Mystery
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by jubei »

Lucky for me, the Circus series were translated to Bahasa Indonesia back then. But I only read it once, that was 30+ years ago. I only remember that the story is indeed great and thrilling.

here the cover of two of them:
reread 2015 - Barney Series ,The Secret of Killimooin
reread Feb 2023 - The Rilloby Fair Mystery