Short Stories by Enid Blyton

Discuss Blyton's magazines, short stories and poetry here.
Nair Snehalatha

Re: Short Stories by Enid Blyton

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

Hollow Tree House--is another lovely work of Enid Blyton.--about two children who run away from their cross old aunt.Angela a sweet , little girl befriends them .What happens makes exciting reading.House -At -The -Corner is another beautiful read.A family which changes for the good because of cross .old Aunt Rose.
Nair Snehalatha

I made a mistake in my last post--It should have read Aunt Grace instead of Aunt Rose.The Adventures of Binkle and Flip is another short story book.--about Binkle and Flip--two naughty bunnies.It's really very humorous and written the typical Enid Blyton way.''The Family At Green Meadows'' is a book by itself.It's a beautiful story of a loving family--how the children help their mother,how their father starts walking again after a rather bad injury to both his legs how their grandmother stands as a strong anchor the family can lean on..Something similar, and yet totally different is ''The Family At Red roofs''--I have learnt a lot from all these books---in fact from each and every book of Enid Blyton.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

And Hollow Tree House isn't a short story! :?
Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Quite right, Nigel. It is a great book, which I read after your recommendation. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

I would search through the shelves of our school library so many years ago--looking for Enid Blyton books and the Blyton signature so very dear to me.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Nair Snehalatha wrote:Anita--The Land Of Far Beyond..is based on ''the Pilgrims progress''.There must be a thread but I don't know how to go about it.
It's not always easy to find threads, but try doing a search on the book title (or part of the title, e.g. "Far-Beyond") and refining the search further by selecting options like "The Books" and "Topic Titles Only".
Nair Snehalatha wrote:Have you read Enid Blyton's '' Picnic Party'' 13 children are invited and there is a story for each one.The story party was also there.All honest and true stories. You too become one of the guests.
I only came across A Picnic Party With Enid Blyton and A Story Party at Green Hedges when I was an adult. I love the way the reader is invited to join the throng, and the illustrations by Grace Lodge are gorgeous. Delightful books and varied stories.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

A Story Party At Green Hedges''was read by me when I was only 10.Unfortunately I lent it to someone and till today I have not got it back,and neither have I been able to buy a vintage edition.A short story in ''The Yellow Story Book'' called --''My Goodness'' is a very good read.--about a rude , little boy who kept saying ''my Goodness'', whenhe had no goodness or kindness in him .How the little folk of the woods teach him a lesson is very much worth reading.Thank you Anita for telling me about the ''threads''.I'll try.
Nair Snehalatha

There should also be a forum for the bigger books---The Famous Fives, Find Outers,Secret Seven, Barney R Books, the Circus Stories --The School Stories--the list is endless.There will be so much to write.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

They exist. :roll:

Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

Ming,can I politely request you to tell me in which forum I should search for the bigger story books?
Nair Snehalatha

In The Green Story Book--thre is a lovely little story--''The Tooth Under The Pillow''--the fairies exchange it for a six peny piece his mother tells him ---but its a lot more than that.Then ther's The Clever KitteN,----''The Enchanted Wheelbarrow''Jimmy And The Elephant Man''--and a lot more to give you hours of delight.
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Nair Snehalatha wrote:There should also be a forum for the bigger books---The Famous Fives, Find Outers,Secret Seven, Barney R Books, the Circus Stories --The School Stories--the list is endless.There will be so much to write.

If you look on the Home Page, Nair, you will find links to all these books right here on this website. There is so much more on here than just the forums.

Look at the top of this page and you will see Society Website. Press that link and it will take you to the Home Page. On there you will see boxes of all the books. Also on the left hand side you will see link, one is called The Cave of Books. Be adventurous and look around the site. :)

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

Have you read The Very Big Secret''?A little girl who wants her doll to come alive---and it does? ''Runabout's Holiday'' is such a lovely book-a brownie living in the nursery with Robin and Betty.They are all so happy---What saddened me was when Runabout's holiday ended--and he goes back to Fairyland, promising to visit the children often..Thankyou Julie2owlsdene--Iwill be adventurous,ans search for the books Ilove so much.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

If you're looking for forums discussions of full-length books, Snehalatha, have a look at the topics in the section titled "The Books"!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

Thankyou Anita for telling me about the Books forum to discuss full length books.