Enid Blyton's Adventure Magazine - Pilot Issue

Discuss Blyton's magazines, short stories and poetry here.
Trashman

Enid Blyton's Adventure Magazine - Pilot Issue

Post by Trashman »

Hi,

I've been collecting the Adventure Magazine, and have seen mention of a Pilot edition.
Was this ever released to the public, or was it purely an internal edition?
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Enid Blyton's Adventure Magazine - Pilot Issue

Post by pete9012S »

It's hard to find Trashman, but it was originally on sale to the public:

https://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/bly ... perid=4326" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See also:
In 1985, Egmont (the title credited on line as published by Gutenberghus) launched Enid Blyton’s Adventure Magazine, each issue featuring a full length illustrative comic book story adapted from Famous Five novels by Gail Renard (who also produced the 1970s TV series) and Les Lilley, a script writer who’s perhaps best known as the founder (and early chair) of the Cartoonists’ Club of Great Britain, and President of the Federation of European Cartoonists’ Organisations, plus feature material such as puzzles.and featured the work of several great British talents.

There were 17 issues in total, starting with a “pilot” issue telling the story Five On Kirrin Island, drawn by Barrie Mitchell, who’s perhaps better known for his work on Roy of the Rovers and many girls comics.
https://downthetubes.net/?p=38153" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards

Pete

(I have them all except for the pilot)
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Trashman

Re: Enid Blyton's Adventure Magazine - Pilot Issue

Post by Trashman »

Thanks for the confirmation Pete.

I'm in the same boat as you in only needing the Pilot issue. I'd been looking long enough I was beginning to wonder if it actually existed!