An Unexpected Adventure - 1948

Discuss Blyton's magazines, short stories and poetry here.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

An Unexpected Adventure - 1948

Post by pete9012S »

Thanks to someone who shall remain anonymous who helped me to a 'T' 'S'omehow they managed to get this elusive story to me whilst I am still away on my holiday!

An Unexpected Adventure {ill. Desmond E. Walduck}
from The Children's Wonder Book in Colour Number Two (Odhams Press 1948)
An Unexpected Adventure {ill. not illustrated}
from Story Trove (Burke Publishing Company 1950)
https://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/sea ... +Adventure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Journal 59 (Spring 2016), contains 'An Unexpected Adventure' with the Desmond E. Walduck illustrations
(end of excerpt)

This twelve page short story is the sort of extremely rare article that subscribers of The Enid Blyton Society Journal exclusively enjoy.

If you are a member of The Forums who posts here regularly, or maybe even a 'lurker', why not subscribe to The Enid Blyton Society Journal and have it delivered to your door three times a year?
Curl up by the fire with a glass of lemonade and a plate of macaroons and read the Society's very own magazine, printed exclusively for members. The Enid Blyton Society Journal, published three times a year, is a quality magazine offering a wide mix of articles and features on all aspects of Enid Blyton's life and work, written by enthusiasts, collectors and authorities.

Advice on collecting, comprehensive studies of the various series she wrote, the latest news and reviews, snippets of information and articles on aspects of her life: this makes up just a small part of what has become a colossal magazine
Subscribe Here:
https://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/subscribe.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member