Suspicious e-mail

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Suspicious e-mail

Post by Boatbuilder »

I received an email earlier this evening which I thought was rather suspicious. The content and sender email address seems to want you to think that it is connected to the Zoom Conferencing software which some of you, like myself, may have on their device. When I hovered over each of the links in the email, despite expecting each one to show a different link, they are in fact all the same as the one shown in the copy below. I then put a search in for 'Zoominfo technologies' and the first thing that came up was this Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZoomInfo which I then looked at and it includes this text which would indicate the exact opposite of what the email is trying to get you to believe:
Multiple organizations have issued warnings to their employees, customers, students, and other related parties regarding emails from ZoomInfo, zoominformation.com, and m.zoominfo-privacy.com. The emails, while not technically claiming to be related to the popular videoconference software Zoom, are vague enough that many unassuming email recipients may confuse the two; there is speculation that the vague resemblance is intentional, with ZoomInfo hoping to trick the recipients into clicking on the email's links, thereby providing ZoomInfo with the personal information of both recipient and all those who email to or are emailed by the recipient which ZoomInfo can then sell
I thought it worth posting this as I am sure some of you may have used, and indeed may still use, the Zoom Video Conferencing software.

This is a copy of the email I received:

"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member